ABUS Z-Wave Smoke detector SHRM10000

Hi there!

I got a few new smoke detectors from german manufacturer ABUS. Model SHRM10000.
The device is already listed in the database but with an error: https://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/1047#

The device is a relabeled device from manufacturer heiman electronics with a complete working entry in the database: https://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/530

I assume that copying the parameters of the heiman device could work with the abus labeled device.

Any advice at this? I have already included the device with my zwave network but nothing more :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance for any help!

Hi Yannick,
I just updated the database.
Please give it a try :slight_smile:

Regards,

Oliver

Currently I have no channel for alarm notification. There is only one channel for battary state.
That’s my first z-wave database entry :slight_smile:
Can anybody help defining the asociation group correctly?

THX!

You need to create teh channels - just create them in the same way as they are for the other device that you referenced.

This is created automatically by the database when the battery command class is added.

It looks ok to me - what is wrong with it?

I can only see the battery channel in oh.
Maybe I have to exclude and reinclude the device?

I think you can see all the channels that are currently defined can’t you? When I looked yesterday, there were no channels in the database, so therefore, you will not have any channels until the database is updated (which looks like it was done this morning) and the binding is updated (which will be at the weekend).

The database entry looks good now. I’m waiting for the database update at the weekend :slight_smile:

Thank you all!

@chris: After adding the xml to the binding manually, it worked for me.
I did the same yesterday with no luck, because I taught the xml will be updated immediately.

So, thank you chris for clarification!

1 Like

Do you know if it‘s possible to connect the smoke detector to a second or third one? would be nice when all detectors will ring if one of them detects smoke.
Is the smoke alarm switch one way, or is it possible to disable the alarm via z-wave? thx!

sometimes the smoke detectors were shown with state „offline - communication error“. a few hours later they appear normally.
can anybody say how to fix it?
thank you!

Do you know why this is happening? If not, that would be the first thing to work out. Generally I would suggest getting a debug log to see what is happening - normally this sort of issue is caused by the device not responding to messages, or not waking up as expected, but without knowing what’s going on, it’s hard to say how you can fix it.