Activate irrigation according to the season

Hi everyone,
I would like to create a rule (or similar) that activates me a virtual switch, which controls the irrigation of the garden.
I would like the switch to go ON when the date is between the beginning of summer and the end of autumn (data taken from astro binding and DateTime type), I also got the current date from the astro binding.
The rule should check that the current date is between early summer and late autumn and turn it on.
I also would like to insert another rule that does not allow the activation of the switch in case of rain (I already get informations from the openweathermap binding about the weather current condition - date of type String … but we will deal with this point later …)
Sorry for my bad english (google translate is my friend!)

Thanks

Ciao a tutti,
vorrei creare una regola ( o simile ) che mi attivi uno switch virtuale, che comandi l’irrigazione del giardino.
Vorrei che lo switch si accenda quando la data è compresa tra l’inizio dell’estate e la fine del autunno ( dati ricavati dal bindig astro e di tipo DateTime ), sempre dal binding astro ho ricavato la data attuale.
La regola dovrebbe controllare che che la data attuale sia compresa tra inzio estate e fine autunno e attivalo lo switch.
Successivamente vorrei inserire anche un’altra regola che non permetta l’attivazione dello switch in caso di pioggia ( per questo ho gia ricavato dal binding openweathermap la condizione meteo attuale di tipo String… ma questo punto lo affronteremo in seguito… )

Grazie

Assuming you want to run this routine every morning, you can use a Cron trigger for say 0500 every day.

To access the season from Astro, link an item to the “name” channel in the season group of things.

In your action block, you can have a conditional statement along the lines of “if season is SUMMER or season is AUTUMN”

Then you can have another condition: “if rain forecast = 0 turn the switch on”

You can then have another Cron triggered rule to run say an hour later to turn the switch off. No need for any conditions in the “off” rule.

Thanks a lot for the answer.
I have not used the season because the dateTime data can be changed (anticipated or postponed - if I needed it).
I had thought about using the cron and the rain rule (they are the simplest things)
Can you help me.

ThanksThanks a lot for the answer.
I have not used the season because the dateTime data can be changed (anticipated or postponed - if I needed it).
I had thought about using the cron and the rain rule (they are the simplest things)
Can you help me.

Thanks

Grazie mille per la risposta.
Non ho utilizzato la stagione perchè il dato dateTime può essere modificato ( anticipato o posticipato - se ne avessi bisgno ).
Avevo pensato di utilizzare il cron e la regola per la pioggia ( sono le cose più semplici )
Puoi aiutarmi.

Grazie