Add channels to Z-wave device (ID lock 150)

Hi, i have a Z-wave device that needs some updates in the database. I want to change a channel, add some channels and change some parameter definitions.

This channel doesn’t seem to work:

<channel id="alarm_access" typeId="alarm_access">
    <label>Alarm (access)</label>
    <properties>
      <property name="binding:*:OnOffType">COMMAND_CLASS_ALARM;type=ACCESS_CONTROL</property>
    </properties>
  </channel>

I think it should be:

<channel id="alarm_access" typeId="alarm_access">
    <label>Alarm (access)</label>
    <properties>
      <property name="binding:*:IntegerType">COMMAND_CLASS_ALARM;type=ACCESS_CONTROL</property>
    </properties>
  </channel>

I also would like to add some channels to the device:

I need a channel for writing option value 5 and one channel for writing option value 6. Each channel generates a new code in slot 108 so they need a third channel for reading out the new service code generated.

<parameter name="config_6_1" type="integer" groupName="configuration">
    <label>6: Service PIN Mode</label>
    <description>Sets the validity of the service PIN</description>
    <default>0</default>
    <options>
      <option value="0">Deactivated</option>
      <option value="1">Valid 1 time</option>
      <option value="2">Valid 2 times</option>
      <option value="3">Valid 5 times</option>
      <option value="4">Valid 10 times</option>
      <option value="5">Random PIN, valid 1 time</option>
      <option value="6">Random PIN, valid 24 hours</option>
      <option value="7">Always Valid</option>
      <option value="8">Valid for 12h</option>
      <option value="9">Valid for 24h</option>
      <option value="254">Disabled</option>
    </options>
    <limitToOptions>false</limitToOptions>
  </parameter>

I also have some parameter definitions that should be added but that seems to be easier :slightly_smiling_face:

I would also like to have one channel to enable or disable Away mode. And maybe Auto Lock but that is not as important.

<parameter name="config_1_1" type="integer" groupName="configuration">
    <label>1: Door lock mode</label>
    <description>Set if the lock is in away mode and if automatic locking should be enabled</description>
    <default>1</default>
    <options>
      <option value="0">Disable Away Manual Lock</option>
      <option value="1">Disable Away Auto Lock</option>
      <option value="2">Enable Away Manual Lock</option>
      <option value="3">Enable Away Auto Lock</option>
    </options>
  </parameter>

Is this due to newer firmware? If so perhaps a new entry is needed in the community maintained database.

Channel information is entered from the information provided by a device itself and stored in an xml file by OH. It is usually correct for that firmware level.

If this is due to new firmware, that can be done. If you wish to try, here is the database guide.

People may be slower responding than usual due to the server recovering from failure and the holiday season.

Thanks for a great answer!

Yes this is due to a newer firmware (in the lock, not the z-wave module).

This channel referers to alarm type 6 (access control) (https://www.home-assistant.io/docs/z-wave/entities/) and for this lock just shows which type of lock /unlock that was made.

I would like to try but this requiers some more time! Made some example changes of the above example if you would like to review!

We usually depend on the xml file for channel information Posting the xml file in the zwave directory of userdata might be helpful.

I have made some changes in the database for ID lock 150, version > 1.6

Channel burglar_alarm should correspond to this:
{“notification”:“HOME_SECURITY__TAMPER”,“level”:“0”,“type”:“BURGLAR”,“event”:“3”,“status”:“255”}

alarm_emergency:
{“notification”:“EMERGENCY__CONTACT_FIRE”,“level”:“0”,“type”:“EMERGENCY”,“event”:“2”,“status”:“255”}

Notification_access_control:
{“notification”:“ACCESS_CONTROL__REMOTE_LOCK”,“level”:“0”,“type”:“ACCESS_CONTROL”,“event”:“3”,“parameter-1”:“0”,“status”:“255”}

The access_control should respond with “3” in this case in the user interface. I’m thinking we get these changes to work first and then i can try to make the rest of the changes. Uploaded new user documentation too. Maybe you can remove the obsolete.

Changes do not take affect immediately. The changes heed to be reviewed & approved. We then wait for the database to be exported to GitHub.
The OH build process then uses the export in a new snapshot binding build. You can then manually install the binding, delete your Thing, & re-add to get the changes.

There is a script here to help with the manual installation.

Ok, will look into that!

This is the file for the node we’re talking about.
network_e9973c9a__node_6.xml (43.7 KB)

I don’t see firmware 1.6 adding this.

According to manual:

This is what is currently in the database:

<parameter name="config_1_1" type="integer" groupName="configuration">
        <label>1: Door lock mode</label>
        <description><![CDATA[
Set if the lock is in away mode and if automatic locking should be enabled<br /> <h1>Overview</h1><p>Auto lock Mode, Manual lock mode, Activate Away Mode, Deactivate Away Mode.</p> <p>If value is 0x02 (Enable Away, Manual lock) and the door is unlocked value will be set to 0x00.</p> <p>If value is 0x03 (Enable Away, Auto lock) and the door is unlocked value will be set to 0x01.</p> <p> Default Value: 1 (Disable Away/Auto Lock Mode)</p>
        ]]></description>
        <default>1</default>
        <options>
          <option value="0">Disable Away Manual Lock</option>
          <option value="1">Disable Away Auto Lock</option>
          <option value="2">Enable Away Manual Lock</option>
          <option value="3">Enable Away Auto Lock</option>
        </options>
      </parameter>

As far as I can see this is inline with what’s in the 1.6 zwave firmware.
Are there any other changes you are thinking of?

Btw, I applied your config changes to the binding and compiled it. I will try it out tomorrow (due to lack of time). But looks good in habmin at least:

For this setting I just wanted a channel with a bit mask for the away setting som that it is easy to set the lock in away mode.

Thanks!

In the picture with service mode is missing two settings in your picture. The new settings for generating service codes with one time use or 24h use.

How do you know it will not break firmware lower than yours? I cannot approve this database entry without review from @chris

1 Like

There hasn’t been any changes in the z-wave firmware with these parameters. Just bad documentation. They still have some parts that are inconclusive in their documents but the z-wave quick sheet seems to be most up to date.

They probably did som major rework when they launched the 1.6 FW for the z-wave module but there already is a version for 1.5 or lower.

The firmware (not z-wave module) in the lock can be upgraded with the app and they advise all users to always keep their locks upgraded. For example settings 1.8 and 1.9 have been added but none removed. I think it’s mostly some cleaning up to do in the code for the lock here.

That is a case where we make a new entry.

I did not look closely at documentation changes since the new system automatically changes much of that making the diff for the change difficult to find real changes.

I went ahead and approved the changes. Now to wait on the normal processes.

Thanks for all the help! This device needs some more revisions after this too but this is a good start.

If we want to show the service pin in the UI how do we do that?

I do not understand what a service pin is or which UI.

Service PIN is the pin code in slot 108 that can be set from the user or generated by sending a 5 or 6 to the service parameter.This writes a random code in that slot.

So that from the control tab I can send a 5 or 6 with a button and read out the generated code.

1 Like

Tried out the changes made earlier in the database. Works as expected! I will try to make the rest of the changes to make this device more up to date!

2 Likes