Add Max! Thermostat to Apple Homekit

Hello guys,

I want to bind a Max! Radiator Thermostat to my Apple Homekit. Therefore I’ve added the Max! Thermostat in /etc/openhab2/items/home.items on my Raspberry Pi with Openhab2.

The current temperature is working but the item to change the target temperatur won’t show up.

Maybe you can help …

IMG_20190523_144931

My first idea: Delete the two “/” before “String” and add the Thermostat group name to each item.
Here the correct Configuraton:
Group gDownstairsThermostat “Downstairs Thermostat” (gFF) [ “Thermostat” ]
Number DownstairsThermostatCurrentTemp “Downstairs Thermostat Current Temperature” (gDownstairsThermostat) [ “CurrentTemperature” ]
Number DownstairsThermostatTargetTemperature “Downstairs Thermostat Target Temperature” (gDownstairsThermostat) [ “TargetTemperature” ]
String DownstairsThermostatHeatingCoolingMode “Downstairs Thermostat Heating/Cooling Mode” (gDownstairsThermostat) [ “homekit:TargetHeatingCoolingMode” ]

Hi Peter,

unfortunally the code doesn’t work that you suggested.
In one way Apple Homekit connects to the Openhab bridge but it’s just one icon without any function, in the other way Apple Homekit shows an error when I try to connect the Openhab bridge.

I also have one Question to your code: what is (gFF) and where is it defined?

I´ve taken the example fromhttps://www.openhab.org/addons/integrations/homekit/ and think “gFF” is a room.
Take a look to the page. Other question: Binding correct?
Here one of my Thermostat item, which works correct with Homekit:

Group  EG_Wohnzimmer_RST    "WZ Heizung"  <radiator> (EG_Wohnzimmer) [ "Thermostat" ]
Number TempWZ_actual        "Aktuelle Temperatur [%.1f °C]"                       <temperature>    (EG_Wohnzimmer_RST)  [ "CurrentTemperature" ]                {channel='temperature'}
Number TempWZ               "Eingestellte Temperatur [%.1f °C]"                   <heating>        (EG_Wohnzimmer_RST)  [ "TargetTemperature" ]                 {channel=':set_temperature'}
String TempWZ_automode      "Automatik"                                           <switch>         (EG_Wohnzimmer_RST)  [ "homekit:TargetHeatingCoolingMode" ]  {channel=':operation_mode"}
Number TempWZ_humidity       "WZ Luftfeuchte [%.1f %%]"                        <humidity>      (EG_Wohnzimmer)      [ "CurrentHumidity" ]                   {channel=':humidity'}
Switch WZ_battery            "WZ Batterie Warnung"                             <battery>        (EG_Wohnzimmer)      [ "Switchable" ]                        {channel=':battery_low'}

I’ve added the code to home.items . Unfortunatly it’s still not working.
Are there any other forms in which you need to add something?
Binding seems to work ok. I can regulate the MAX! Radiator Thermostat over the OpenHab web application. But just for the sake of it, could you send a screenshot of your binding settings?

If the thermostat works with OpenHab it must be a Homekit problem.
I forgott to write (sorry), that I installed the Homekit plugIn from Tim. You can find it here:

https://github.com/hap-java/openhab2-addons/releases/
Uninstall old one over the PaperUI, put the new one in your addons folder, restart for good measure. (there are still some bugs with reloading the homekit plugin, unfortunately)
For the homekit settings and item configuration it is helpful to take a look at: https://github.com/hap-java/openhab2-addons/tree/homekit/addons/io/org.openhab.io.homekit
What do you mean with der Binding setting. I work withe the innogy binding, there is no setting. If you mean der Homekit setting see the link before.

Thanks. How do I install the addon on my Raspberry?

Uninstall old one over the PaperUI, put the new one in your addons folder, restart for good measure. (there are still some bugs with reloading the homekit plugin, unfortunately)
The Folder is found at: OpenHab-share/openhab2-addons

Hi Peter,

I tried unnstalling the PaperUI and installing the new one but I didn’t know how to do that.
Do you have a step by step explanation?

I wrote it before:
Uninstall the old HomeKit plugin over the Paper UI by click on the trash, then download Tims version (link : https://github.com/hap-java/openhab2-addons/releases/)
Put the file in your adding folder, the Folder is found at: OpenHab-share/openhab2-addons, after that restart for good measure.

Hi, I’ve installed the other HomeKit Plugin but the temperatur does still not show up to change it. Only the actual temperature is visible.