Adding a Global Cache IR Thing

Hello I am trying to create a Global Cache IR Thing in OpenHab2.
However, I continuously get the following error: UNINITIALIZED_HANDLER_INITIALIZATION_ERROR.

The logs say:

An error occurred while calling method “ThingHandler.initialize()” on org.openhab.binding.globalcache.handler.GlobalCacheHandler: null

Java.lang.NullPointerException: null
at org.openhab.binding.globalcache.handler.GlobalCacheHandler.initialize(GlobalCacheHandler.java:104)

Would anyone know how to establish a connection with Global Cache IR?
Or how to approach these null pointer exceptions? The impression I get is that it is unable to associate a binding to the Thing.

Sorry you’re having trouble. Just a couple questions to understand your setup…

What version of openHAB are you running?

How are you adding the globalcache thing? Was it added from the inbox after it was automatically discovered? Did you add it manually using Paper UI? Did you add it using a .things file?

Which globalcache device are you using (e.g. IP2IR, WF2IR, Flex, etc.)?

Can you post the full stack trace?

Hey thanks for getting back to me.

I’m using OpenHab2 and trying to add a Wf2IR device.

I tried both manually adding the device via a paper UI by passing in the device’s IP address, as well as adding it automatically from the inbox.

They both give the same handler error.

Hmm. That’s odd.

What version of openHAB are you using? 2.4? 2.5 milestone release (which one)? 2.5 snapshot (which build number)?

Using the console, can you put the binding in debug mode using the following command, then post the result.

log:set DEBUG org.openhab.binding.globalcache
bundle:stop org.openhab.binding.globalcache
bundle:start org.openhab.binding.globalcache

Also can you post the entire stack trace?