Adding/Editing of items and data through the UI?

Hello :slight_smile:

I’ve had an idea for my smart home last weekend and was wondering about this specific problem I haven’t found an answer to yet. The idea is basically to move my alarm in the morning to openHAB. I would just persist the alarm schedule (every weekday) somewhere and command my alexa device to play the alarm sound. After that I wanted to let it play the weather report. There’s another idea to use my calendar to disable the alarm on my vacation.

Now to my main problem. Generally, I would like to be able to edit my “configuration/data” items in a more user friendly way. Currently I just create an item, which holds the data. What I rather want, is a web interface to edit and maybe create such configuration/data. So that I can e.g. have my alarm schedule on this interface and change it on demand. Is this possible in some (perhaps easy) way?

Thanks for any help! :slight_smile:

I don’t know if it’s an easy way…take a look at this if might be useful to your goal :

Timeline picker to setup heating, light and so on

2 Likes

That looks pretty good for some use cases, thank you!
Looking for more ideas!

The only relatively easy way is to use the CalDav binding and add the alarm entries to your calendar (e.g. gcal).