Adding new TKB node has gone wrong - strange manufacturerRef numbers

I just purchased a second TKB TZ67 Wall Plug Dimmer. The first I have had for years and works without problem:

manufacturerId 0118
manufacturerRef 0003:0008,0202:0611
modelId TZ67
vendor TKB Home
zwave_deviceid 1553
zwave_devicetype 514

When adding the new one (on 2.5.0 M3), it gets given the name “Z-Wave Node 042 (FFFF:0003:0008:2.48)”

|zwave_class_basic|BASIC_TYPE_ROUTING_SLAVE|
|zwave_class_generic|GENERIC_TYPE_SWITCH_MULTILEVEL|
|zwave_class_specific|SPECIFIC_TYPE_POWER_SWITCH_MULTILEVEL|
|zwave_deviceid|8|
|zwave_devicetype|3|

|zwave_manufacturer|65535|

|zwave_version|2.48|

Clearly something has got messed as the manufacturer won’t be FFFF, so I’m not sure what to do now. I did try removing and adding again.

I attach the xml in case it is useful.
network_d4caef93__node_42.xml (7.7 KB)

That manufacturer id usually indicates a device mot properly / fully discovered.
You could try restarting either the binding or OpenHAB.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Alas, after giving it time and restarts I still get the following in the general log:

NODE 42: Device discovery could not resolve to a thingType! FFFF:0003:0008::2.48

The following is a zwave debug log after re-adding the device. Now NODE 43.

ZWave.log

Does this look like they are otherwise communicating correctly? I’ve been studying it with the online log viewer, but nothing stands out.

Any other suggestions gratefully received.

I have a feeling that we’ve seen this in the past where the device doesn’t return the manufacturer ID. All 3 of these values are returned together (ie the FFFF:0003:0008) so it means that the communication is likely ok.

Unfortunately it looks like these devices are faulty -:

1 Like

Thanks for the pointers Chris.

I think I won’t buy any more TKB products.

1 Like

Avoid Neo Coolcam too.
The devices are a mixed bag but I am having a real difficult time getting a sensor replaced under warranty “at no charge” without paying to ship it to China.

1 Like