Adding Z wave Node

@Jorgen_Lovseth thanks for adding these fields. Note that we will also need the associations and configuration adding -:

Note that when I say “we need them adding” - I mean “you” :slight_smile: . Without this you won’t be able to configure the device so this is quite important.

1 Like

How do I find the right Parametersettings? Hexadecimal etc?
I also managed to duplicate 2 Association Groups and thererfore I get an error that I cant delete. Any help?

@chris or @sihui will need to delete the group.
Many times the settings are in the user manual. If not, we look for other sources,

Maximum nodes is 0 for Group 1 and that is incorrect. In fact, the manual says it is 5 and likely only supports one group.

The configuration in formation starts with the heading Configuration Command Class in the manual. Here is the start.

Using Options for predefined values like that makes it easier for the binding user. Ask if you need more help.

Done.

1 Like

Okay, but where do I start. What number is the hexadecimal?

If you are referring to the Bitmask. leave it at default. It is used when a vendor has several configurations with the same parameter ID. That is only used in very advanced situations.

If you wish, I can enter the first configuration item as an example for you.

Yes please that would have been perfect!

1 Like

I used the screenshot I posted earlier.
I did not like the vendor’s descriptions to I attempted to explain it more clearly. Since this one has discrete options, I used Options to enable the user to more easily pick their desired setting.

All the other information came from the screenshot of the manual I posted earlier.

Okay I will try! Thank you!

What values do I put in Parameter 4? Skjermbilde

Due to their options, that one is advanced. I a not sure how to best tackle that one. @5iver or @chris may have ideas. I do not think I have encountered one like that before.

Skip that one for now .

This is pretty simple.

It’s a 1 byte value, with a range from 1 to 254, and 2 options - 0 = “Instantly”, and 255=“1 Second”. You also need to tick the box that says something like “Allow free entry” - this means that the user isn’t limited to only selecting the 2 options, but can also enter any value between 1 and 254.

In that shot

0 - 127 is in seconds.
128 - 254 == 1 - 127 minutes
255 == default == 1 second.

Does not look simple to me. What am I missing?

Sure - I realised there’s a change from seconds to minutes, but it is simple - just add as I said. The fact that 1-127 is in seconds, and 128-254 is in minutes can be ignored - just add that to the description. We can’t go around modifying the way that the manufacturer has defined the arguments.

1 Like

@Jorgen_Lovseth
So just put, it in the parameter description, using a small table if getting fancy and do not use any options.

Be sure to specify that the default is 1 second in the description.

Okay, So In the default section I put: 0?
In Minimum I Put:255
In Max I put:254?

Default: 255
Minimum 0
Maximum 255

State in the description that the default, 255 is really 1 second. I do not know why there are two settings for 1 second except to let them change the default value in the future.

Okay Thanks

1 Like

Let me know if there is any faults in the parametersettings, I have just put it up for review.

1 Like

There is no mention of minutes in the description for parameter 4.