Additional sensors for ESH/OH2 OneWire binding

In the light of #6177 I have started to add additional sensors from Embedded Data Systems. Please try this and report back. Since I don’t own these sensors I can’t test it.

Best Regards,

Jan

The “this” link didn’t seem to point anywhere. If you’d like one of these sensors to test with then let me know and I’ll ship one to you.

I fixed the link. I would suggest you try it and we‘ll discuss if it is not working at all.

Is the ds2423 supported in the new binding? (https://www.maximintegrated.com/en/products/digital/memory-products/DS2423.html)
I know it’s NLA but I have a few in my network.

OK, I’ve at last had time to look at this. I’ve taken the .jar file and put it in the addons directory, uninstalled the openhab1 version of the binding and put in a thing to point to the owserver. However, the new binding doesn’t appear anywhere.
I’m woefully new to openhab2 and am almost certainly doing something wrong. Can you give me a clue?

More information

2018-09-22 16:23:58.889 [ERROR] [rg.eclipse.smarthome.binding.onewire] - [binding.onewire] Cannot register Component
org.osgi.service.component.ComponentException: The component name ‘binding.onewire’ has already been registered by Bundle 247 (org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.onewire)

But as far as I can see I’ve removed all other instances of it

Ok. That looks like a problem with the correct loading of the bundle. Remove the bundle from the addons-directory. Use

bundle:uninstall 247

on the OpenHAB console. To be sure, restart OH afterwards. Then, when startup is finished, put the new bundle back in. That should work.

the DS2423 is not supported at the moment. I’ll have a look at that. It looks quite easy.

Hmm… well I’ve done various combinations of:

1. Uninstalled the bundle with karaf
  2. Removed it from the addons directory
  3. Restarted OH and then put it back in the addons directory

In each case, once the bundle is back in the addons directory I get a similar error message to the above

2018-09-23 12:39:57.246 [ERROR] [rg.eclipse.smarthome.binding.onewire] - [binding.onewire] Cannot register Component
org.osgi.service.component.ComponentException: The component name ‘binding.onewire’ has already been registered by Bundle 259 (org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.onewire) as Component of Class org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.onewire.internal.OwHandlerFactory

and

bundle:list 259

gives

259 │ Active │ 80 │ 0.10.0.201809141651 │ Eclipse SmartHome OneWire Binding

It’s almost as if the Onewire binding is registering the onewire.binding component twice

Mhm. Not sure what is going on there. It happened to me in the past. I would suggest to

1. remove the binding from the addons folder
  2. make sure that the binding is not listed in the addons.cfg file
  3. check in Paper UI that the binding is not installed there

If that is the case, shut down OH, clear your …/tmp and …/cache, restart OH, wait until it is fully intialized and check again if bundle:list still shows an OneWire bundle. The drop the new file (I’ve updated the link above) in the addons directory.

In general: better make sure that you’ve uninstalled and the bundle is not listed anymore before installing any new version of a given bundle. You might run into this trouble otherwise.

The new updated bundle above also contains support for DS2423 counter sensors, @g_g_rich might want to check if that is working.

Hmm… well I did exactly that. The binding wasn’t listed after step 3. I shut down OH, cleared the tmp and cache directories and checked that there was no onewire bundle. I dropped the new file in and got the same error

2018-09-23 20:20:52.307 [ERROR] [rg.eclipse.smarthome.binding.onewire] - [binding.onewire] Cannot register Component
org.osgi.service.component.ComponentException: The component name ‘binding.onewire’ has already been registered by Bundle 232 (org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.onewire) as Component of Class org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.onewire.internal.OwHandlerFactory

Bundle 232 is the bundle that I’ve just installed.

I must be doing something really stupid somewhere but goodness knows where it is.

There isn’t likely to be a confusion between the onewire binding and the owserver1 binding is there? I know it’s a long shot.

I don’t know. possibly yes.

OK, well that’s the next thing to try then. After that I’ll try reinstalling openhab2 from scratch.

@g_g_rich, @ntitley any news on your tests?

Would be great to have DS2423 supported. Anyway great work.

Did you try the JAR-link in the first post of this thread?

No, I didn’t. Does it support ds2423?

Hi @J-N-K.
Thanks for all you work with the new binding.

Tried the new jar and it recognizes the ds2423 but I get a communication error:

2018-10-09 09:25:34.789 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'onewire:counter2:owbridge:1D_CF660F000000' changed from ONLINE to OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): refresh exception

Also with the new jar, the ds2438 is no longer working

2018-10-09 09:24:51.771 [INFO ] [nternal.discovery.OwDiscoveryService] - sensor-id 26.59F7D6010000: DS2438 cannot be mapped to thing type

I used the PAPERUI to add all things.

What sensor is the DS2438? Can you show me the owfs-data including the /pages-data? My DS2438 are still recognized.

I‘ll have a look at the refresh exception. Thanks.