Additional sensors for ESH/OH2 OneWire binding

Yes, my DS2438 and DS18x20’s are all updating just fine.

That‘s strange. I‘ll have to think about that.

Any chance for support for the DS2409 “Hub”?

What is the use-case for this sensor?

Hi Jan,

They act as a “network hub”. They really only affect the discovery of devices. OWServer addresses are like this:

1F.1A6305000000/aux/22.DC0C2C000000

And

1F.746205000000/main/29.3D0408000000

To be honest, I could get by without them. Just thought I would see if it could be implemented.

Thanks

Are the „child sensors“ detected in the root directory of owfs or are they only found as child’s of the hub?

Hi Jan,

Here is the ‘root’ directory:

The first entry, 81.14…, is the DS1420 USB interface. The next three entries are the three ‘branches’ of a hub. Then the last three entries are three ‘branches’ of the other hub.

Each branch has an ‘aux’ and ‘main’ sub-branch.

Yes, each sensor is in a branch, not in the root.

I thought I’d have a look at the source for the onewire binding and downloaded the eclipse IDE. The onewire binding isn’t there. Is this deliberate?

Did you follow this this instruction?

Ok. Then we should support that. I‘ll have a look once we got the EDS sensors finished.

Yes, I did, to the absolute letter (in fact I’ve tried it three times). I have the eclipse IDE installed with many bindings but not the onewire one.

I’ll get the EDS sensors tested this weekend, now that I’ve tracked down the problem with owserver registering twice. I’m currently in Amsterdam on business and away from home so can’t get at my openhab2 installation.

1 Like

Did you add ESH Extensions projects to your workspace? This binding is developed under ESH project.

Ah ha! Ive loaded the ESH extensions and sure enough the onewire binding appears. Many thanks.

Please note that the repository does not contain the changes here. They are located here.

Yep… I realised that when I browsed through the code.

Did you try the updated version linked in the first post?

I’m still out of the country (Amsterdam). I’ll be back later this
evening. One of these days I’m going to set up a VPN to my home
internal network but in the meantime I can only experiment with my
openhab installation when I’m inside my firewall.

All Good. Take your time. We‘re not in a hurry.