Aeon Labs DSC06106-ZWUS

I’ve just started setting up OpenHAB and am using the Aeon Labs DSC06106-ZWUS as my first Z-wave device. I have it working from OpenHAB. It will turn on and off, but if I manually turn the switch off, the status is not reported back to OpenHAB. I have set the associated to the Z-Wave controller (Aeon Labs Aeotec Z-Wave Z-Stick, Gen5). Any guidance or suggestions would be appreciated.

Found my problem. I did not set the Automatic Notification parameter. Sorry NOOB learning.

As a fellow NOOB, where is this parameter exactly?

Actually I figured this out using Habmin (the setting is in the z-wave binding configuration under the DSC06106’s node tree).

Have you been able to bind to the power meter for this device? I can’t seem to get it to work.

Yes, I was able to bind it. Did you also go to Association Groups in Habmin. You’ll need to add your Z-wave controller as a member. After I did this and set the notification, it did work. However, I had my switch on and and to restart OpenHAB. After restart, OpenHAB was showing the switch off. Not sure why. I toggled it on in the interface, which did nothing as expected. Then I toggled it off in the interface, and it physically turned off the switch. I’m not sure why the status did not come over on restart, but I’ve not spent much time looking into it yet.

Hope this helps you.

Do you mind sharing the item config ? I am still a newb and have other devices but it would help to reverse engineer what exactly you did. Essentially I am not sure what you mean when you say you used the setting in the z-wave binding … or specifically where you took that from
THANKS !

Sorry, I gave up on OpenHAB for a while and got a Vera, so I don’t have my settings anymore. I hope someone else can help you out.

Understood ! no problem! thanks!

(chuckle) I’m going the other way after giving my Vera Edge a mental breakdown. But my network is far from small! :wink:

I have 12 of these, so here’s a complete entry in your items files…

Switch BASEMENT_FREEZER "Freezer" (Group_Appliances, Group_Basement, Group_Persistence)  {zwave="78:0:command=SWITCH_BINARY",autoupdate="false",imperihab="room:OH_Basement,watts:BASEMENT_FREEZER_WATTS,label:Freezer"}
Number BASEMENT_FREEZER_WATTS "Freezer [%01.0f Watts]"  (Group_Power,Group_Basement, Group_Persistence)  {zwave="78:0:command=METER,meter_scale=E_W"}
Number BASEMENT_FREEZER_KWH "Freezer [%01.0f KWH]"  (Group_Power, Group_Persistence)  {zwave="78:0:command=METER,meter_scale=E_KWh"}

Now you probably don’t want the imperihab stuff in there, unless you use ImperiHome. (…if it’s not familiar, you don’t use it.) But I left it in there for completeness & example sake. Without it, the first line would look like this:

Switch BASEMENT_FREEZER "Freezer" (Group_Appliances, Group_Basement, Group_Persistence)  {zwave="78:0:command=SWITCH_BINARY",autoupdate="false"}

…you’re not done yet. You also should (/ might need to) set some configuration options.

First off you need to make sure that your zwave device is in the group of devices that the smartswitch sends status reports to. You do that within habmin. In my case, I want two things to receive status reports: my zstick and node1 (my old vera).

Secondly in habmin, you probably want to configure it so that it sends an update when it’s operated via the button, so the openhab state always matches the actual physical state. (That’s why I set “autoupdate=false” in my config; I don’t want openhab to assume the switch does anything; let the switch tell openhab what the score is!) To do that, you need to set option 80 to HAIL, then everything will work as intended.

Woot, this worked for me, thanks so much!