AEON Labs Smart Dimmer 6

@chris You mentioned above that there was a fix that could be applied. I have updated to the latest snapshot and still see the same problem. Can we get a fix into the binding or DB for zwave on the above? Do you need anything else on the logs beyond what was provided above? It would great to get this fixed if its possible.

I’ve not looked at this recently. I did get some information from Aeon about how this works. I think at the moment it’s non-compliant and I’d hoped they would do an update…

I’ll do an update to the database and let’s see if it helps.

let me know. I’m happy to do some testing.

Thanks - let me know if it’s any better.

I started to get a lot of null pointer exceptions. I then re-extracted the snapshot and removed all of my configuration brought up openHAB and installed just the zwave plugin. nothing happened. I think I have to increase some of my logging the log:set options. I ended up rolling back to my old snapshot but will do some more debugging tomorrow.

Would I need to reset my zwave module and re-add everything to the zwave network?

In paperUI when I clicked on my inbox to search for zwave stuff, it would just say 500-internal server error in the bottom right corner.

No.

I saw another thread about this so I guess there is a change somewhere in the system that has broken ZWave. :frowning: .

Hey Chris - I’m back at this again. I installed the latest snapshot, completely reset everything including reincluding the devices. When the ZW99 Smart Dimmer is first added, it shows up fine (gets past the STATIC_VALUES stage). When I shutdown openhab and start it back up again, thats when it gets to static_values and stays there. Everything appears to work fine with it. It just continues to show that status in HABMIN.

I’m running the snapshot build of openHAB 2.2.

openhab> bundle:list | grep -i zwave                                                                                                                                               
207 │ Active   │  80 │ 2.2.0.201711040020     │ ZWave Binding

Is the change you were going to try still in the database or do I need to provide the logs again?

Yes - it was added a few months back - I don’t think anyone would have removed it, but I also don’t think anyone ever tested it.

Yes please.

Well I don’t know what to say… It appears to have gotten past the STATIC_VALUES state now. In the process of generating the logs after adding the device I deleted the node2.xml file and restarted it a few times while adjusting the logging config. It appears to be happy now.

I appreciate the support and the tweak that was done before. it appears to have done the trick!