AEON Z-Stick Gen 5 or UZB Z-wave.me?

Why? I would recommend not to do this at all - it may cause problems even if it works most of the time.

No sticks require this - all sticks should work pretty much the same…

Thanks ,
I will try that again.
I could not get that to work when I tried, so I assumed it didn’t.
I still have one lamp left that isn’t included.
I think all instructions on the Aeon Gen5 pretty much says “unplug, press, sync/include, plug back in”.

Normally (don’t know the distro you are using), the USB devices should be found. Could it be that you did not stop oh before removing the stick? If so, the USB enumeration will change…

If online inclusion does not work (it does not always work for me - lots of older zwave devices in my house), I would have stopped oh, unplugged the stick manually include all lamps in the easily available socket, then install the lamps in their intended location, and start oh again.

If I have to stop OH to add a device, it kinda proves my point ; the end user experience lacks some finesse…

You don’t have to. I have a zwave stick without battery and inclusion button. Always works fine.

1 Like

I finally found the magnifying glass with the plus sign, and the last lamp is now included!
Thanks all for stating that it was possible, then it was just a matter of finding it…

As for stopping OH, that was in the context of disconnecting the stick.
I pressed the wrong reply button I think.

1 Like

openHAB does not require to be stopped when disconnecting any device. It is the underlying OS and how it responds that may cause you difficulties if you don’t. E.g. on linux systems, if you pull the usb controller out, next time you plug it in, it may get assigned a new port number (unless you are using things like symlinks etc). In this case, and if you didn’t restart the openHAB server, you would need to change the port for the device in openHAB. There isn’t a lot openHAB can do about this…

I bought a UZB. Haven’t made time to do the switch from Fibaro HC2 but removed one dimmer and connected it to OH2, a little difficult to understand how to add the device and what to configure but got it to work :slight_smile:

I have both - both seem to work really well. I think someone told me its the same chip inside anyway (don’t take this as factual). I actually like the small form factor of the UZB and it was cheaper too, so if I bought another, I’d go with the UZB