Aeonlabs DSB29 ZWUS Z-Wave help?

Hello Team,

So I have zwave binding 1.8.2, latest OH and paired device with Aeon labs zstick2 as device 7. Latest z-stick firmware. Activating the sensor in any fashion does nothing. No Joy!


2016-04-01 13:32:23.823 [INFO ] [.z.internal.ZWaveActiveBinding] - Update config, port = /dev/ttyUSB0
2016-04-01 13:32:23.823 [INFO ] [.z.internal.ZWaveActiveBinding] - Update config, healtime = 2
2016-04-01 13:32:23.834 [INFO ] [.service.AbstractActiveService] - ZWave Refresh Service has been started
2016-04-01 13:32:23.855 [INFO ] [b.z.i.protocol.ZWaveController] - Starting Z-Wave controller
2016-04-01 13:32:23.858 [INFO ] [b.z.i.protocol.ZWaveController] - Z-Wave timeout is set to 5000ms. Soft reset is false.
2016-04-01 13:32:23.859 [INFO ] [b.z.i.protocol.ZWaveController] - Connecting to serial port /dev/ttyUSB0
2016-04-01 13:32:24.199 [INFO ] [b.z.i.protocol.ZWaveController] - Serial port is initialized
2016-04-01 13:32:26.747 [INFO ] [.o.b.w.i.s.WeatherJobScheduler] - Starting and scheduling weatherJob-home with interval of 15 minutes
2016-04-01 13:32:27.386 [INFO ] [rialApiGetInitDataMessageClass] - NODE 1: Node found
2016-04-01 13:32:27.387 [INFO ] [rialApiGetInitDataMessageClass] - NODE 7: Node found
2016-04-01 13:32:27.390 [INFO ] [rialApiGetInitDataMessageClass] - ZWave Controller using Controller API
2016-04-01 13:32:27.391 [INFO ] [rialApiGetInitDataMessageClass] - ZWave Controller is Primary Controller
2016-04-01 13:32:27.391 [INFO ] [rialApiGetInitDataMessageClass] - ------------Number of Nodes Found Registered to ZWave Controller------------
2016-04-01 13:32:27.392 [INFO ] [rialApiGetInitDataMessageClass] - # Nodes = 2
2016-04-01 13:32:27.393 [INFO ] [rialApiGetInitDataMessageClass] - ----------------------------------------------------------------------------


Contact MailBox "MailBox: [%s]" {zwave="7:command=basic,respond_to_basic=true"}
Contact Tamper "Tamper: [%s]" {zwave="7:command=ALARM"}
Number Battery "Battery: [%d %%]" <contact> {zwave="7:command=BATTERY"}


        Frame label="Mailbox" {
        Text item=MailBox
        Text item=Tamper
        Text item=Battery

What am i doing wrong? :wink:

If you don’t get anything in the log when you wake the device up (by tripple clicking a button normally) then it might need to be excluded and re-included. I would however change the log to debug level to make sure you’re really seeing what’s happening…

Ok, I dont know what happened but as soon as i enabled debug it started working lol. Now only thing not showing is battery percent…

I probably started working as soon as you posted a message on the forum saying it wasn’t working :wink:

I’m not sure what this device does, but give it some time - battery isn’t requested too often… If it doesn’t turn up, or you have issues with general reporting, make sure that the wakeup period is set correctly for the device…

Yea battery was periodic last time i used it so will give it a bit… :wink:

Were good… Battery was sent. Works great in the mailbox at the end of the driveway lol. I’m getting so lazy… roflmao