Aeotec Range Extender Gen 7 installed

PI4b, OH 2.5.10-1, Aeotec Stick (old version with USB Hub) and new Aeotec Extender 7.

I would like to share my experiences with the ZWave network extending it with a range extender.
Maybe some do have similar trouble and getting creazy with these ZWave devices).
To make it short: I installed the new Gen7 Range Extender and my Bad ZWave network turns in
being stable now.

So to say this was my last try to get my ZWave network in a “stable and working mode”.
Before the network was bad always changing the ZWave assignments means which PIR is connected to which plug, loosing connection … wasn´t stable at alI!
I was on the way to sell the devices in eb…
Even using the cheapest NEOCoolcam devices ZWave is quite expensive right? … So I gave the protocol the last chance - I bought the new Aeotec Range Extender 7 plugged it in a central location of the ZWave network and quite quick it got the spider in the net.
All devices are now connected to the Extender and from there to the Stick - Works! Finally!

One thing I would like to ask if you do have similar issues and may have a solution.
As mentioned I do use some NeoCoolcam PIR sold as 4in1 but in reality only 3in1.
The temperature sensor was lost somewhere in China:-)
OK what I now can see that 2 or 3 times a day the log says e.g.
Thing ‘zwave:device:6c898019:node7’ has been updated and unfortunately in almost all cases it is loosing during the update the “battery %” and sometimes the “Luminance” I think this is no feature it is a bug, right? The luminance comes back when Luminance is changing but the battery isn´t.
Network heal is 2 a.m. and the wake-up interval is 12h.
Can I avoid loosing sensor values?

1 Like