Aeotec Smart Switch 6 persistence

I have an Aeotec ZW096-B09 Smart Switch 6 that seems to persist the same value. I’m expecting the vales to change as the switch is powering a refrigerator that starts, stops and has a light. Here’s my setup:

home.items:
Group power "Power" <power> Switch Smart62 "Smart6 outlet 2" <socket> (ff,ALL,outlet) { zwave="7:command=switch_binary" } Number Smart6_Power2 "Smart6 power 2 [%.2f W]" (ALL,power) { zwave="7:command=meter,meter_scale=E_W" } Number Smart6_Energy2 "Smart6 consumption 2 [%.2f KWh]" (ALL,power) { zwave="7:command=meter,meter_scale=E_KWh" } Number Smart6_Volts2 "Smart6 voltage 2 [%.2f V]" (ALL,power) { zwave="7:command=meter,meter_scale=E_V" } Number Smart6_Amps2 "Smart6 amperage 2 [%.2f A]" (ALL,power) { zwave="7:command=meter,meter_scale=E_A" }

rrd4j.persist
power* : strategy = everyMinute, restoreOnStartup

home.sitemap
Chart item=Smart6_Amps2 service="rrd4j" period=12h

This is the result over a 12hr period on my refrigerator.

I get flat line values if I graph KWh or Watts. I can turn the switch on and off via the sitemap. Any ideas?

openHAB 1.8.3 on RPi2 with Aeotec Z-Stick Gen5

Did you set the configuration parameters accordingly?
I am not sure but I think the switch only updates energy values automatically.

Sorry, I’m not sure which configuration parameters and you referring to?

I think it is parameter 90 which enables auto-reporting on wattage change.

Thanks Spaceman . So looking at the z-wave database parameter 90 enables items 91 and 92 which is Wattage Percent Change and Wattage Threshold. Using habmin I could see that 90 was set to “Disabled” so I changed this to “Enabled” and restarted openhab service. This resulted in all Smartswitch (power) values reporting as 0. This seems to have had the opposite affect. Changing back to “Disabled” and restarting openhab service still reports (power) values as 0.