Aeotec Water Sensor 6 ZW122

• Platform information:
    • Hardware: Intel, 4 GB RAM
    • Java Runtime Environment: Zulu10.1+11
    • openHAB version: version command says 4.1.3 – OpenHAB 2.2 is what I downloaded
  • Issue of the topic:

I am totally new to OpenHAB, this is the second device I’m adding, the first was the ZStick which was painless. However, I get the following with an Aeotec Water Sensor 6 ZW122. I’ve copied the Paper UI output below. It is in the database, but not being recognized. The output states “…you should raise an issue to get this addressed.” Doing that here, but if I should be doing this somewhere else, please let me know, and I’ll do that!
Thanks,
Nicholas
</>
Z-Wave Node 3 (0086:0102:007A:1.5)
Unknown Device
This device has not been fully discovered by the binding. There are a few possible reasons for this -:
The device is not in the database. If the device attributes show that this device has a valid manufacturer ID, device ID and type, then this is likely the case (eg. you see a label like “Z-Wave node 1 (0082:6015:020D::2.0)”). Even if the device appears to be in the database, some manufacturers use multiple sets of references for different regions or versions, and your device references may not be in the database. In either case, the database must be updated and you should raise an issue to get this addressed.
The device initialisation is not complete. Once the device is included into the network, the binding must interrogate it to find out what type of device it is. One part of this process is to get the manufacturer information required to identify the device, and until this is done, the device will remain unknown. For mains powered devices, this will occur quickly, however for battery devices the device must be woken up a number of times to allow the discovery phase to complete. This must be performed with the device close to the controller.

hide properties

zwave_class_basic
ROUTING_SLAVE
zwave_class_generic
SENSOR_NOTIFICATION
zwave_frequent
false
zwave_neighbours
zwave_version
zwave_listening
false
zwave_plus_devicetype
HOME_SECURITY_SENSOR
zwave_deviceid
zwave_nodeid
zwave_routing
true
zwave_wakeup_time
2018-04-13T04:51:20Z
zwave_beaming
true
zwave_class_specific
NOTIFICATION_SENSOR
zwave_manufacturer
zwave_devicetype

First thing you need to do: install Zulu version 8, openHAB does not (yet) run with java version numbers higher than 8, see the docs:
https://docs.openhab.org/installation/index.html#prerequisites

If your device is not properly initialized you need to switch to the snapshot or development version of the zwave binding (your are using the stable), please search the forum on how to do that.

Have fun.

Edit: regarding your efforts :grinning: to use code fences, see this tutorial:

Thanks – this weekend I will first change the Java version, see how that works, and subsequently if needed see how I can install the development version of the zwave binding.

Now, with Java 8 and OpenHAB 2.3 (snapshot) it works out-of-the-box. Thanks very much for the advice!

1 Like