Aeotec Z-wave multisensor 6 (ZW100-A) v1.10

I had the same problem. Device was being recognized as “unknown device”. All I had done was re-flashed my micro-USB and ran the latest openhabian at this time.

I upgraded the firmware according to the instructions on aeotec’s website, although the step by step instructions were a bit off (screenshots didn’t line up). As far as I can tell, it should be running v1.10 as well, but not sure how to check this.

Re-added to openhab and it still showed up as unknown. Then I found your recommendation to remove the batteries, and that seemed to work.

• removed batteries
  • plugged in USB power
  • removed association
  • unplugged and plugged back in USB power
  • re-associated and now it showed up as Multisensor 6
  • re-installed batteries
  • removed association (it was still showing up as USB power in openhab)
  • re-added association (now showed up as battery and was properly detected)

hope this is useful to someone else!

I’ve been trying to update the configuration settings and keep receiving an Internal 500 error.

I noticed parameter 252: Lock Configuration Parameters is set to Disable
for Enable or Disable changing of configuration parameters. How do you enable changes?

The lock is currently disabled, so you should be able to modify them. (yes the text description is misleading while the title is correct). You can post a comment on https://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/778
Try to use HABmin to update Z-Wave thing parameters (it’s more reliable than PaperUI with its 500)

It should be something like:

Disable
Disable the Lock to allow changing of configuration parameters

Overview
Disable/Enable Configuration Lock (0=Disable, 1=Enable)

Thanks, updating by Habmin was successful.

1 Like

Done.

1 Like

dude, you are fast ! I was editing the page also myself :slight_smile:

Sorry for disturbing :grinning:

1 Like

lol no worries
we should do this also on:
https://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/387
https://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/355
https://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/73

you or me ? :stuck_out_tongue:

l’ll finish up what your have left :star_struck:

1 Like

Done.

1 Like

I’ve found a lot of threads about the multisensor but haven’t yet found a solution for my issue. I’ll piggy back on this one though as it comes closest.
I have an aeotec z-stick and their multi Sensor 6.

When I initially connected the sensor it was reading temperature and humidity but only hourly, the motion sensing was not triggered in openhab, however the green LED on the sensor was reacting every 4 minutes when I was waving at the sensor.

I then reset the sensor (by long pressing the button) and the z-stick as I found a thread saying that maybe there could be an issue with the connection. I removed the battery from the sensor as well.

I then reconnected everything. The sensor was found and correctly identified, I then added channels for all the sensors options in openhab. The sensor is showing as online and the green LED still comes on if I move in front of the sensor but now all the channels show “NaN” in the PaperUI environment.

I am however able to change settings and they seem to be accepted by the sensor, for example I lowered the time for it to re-measure and now I can trigger the green LED every minute instead of every 4, so the connection seems to work at least in that direction but apparently not from the sensor to Openhab. Or am I misunderstanding what the the sensor should be doing. I was expecting it to periodically measure temperature and humidity and constantly look for movement. If movement was detected it would trigger a new measurement and report back to openhab.

I’m new to this, can anyone point me into a direction to get this solved? Should I do Another reset? Which logs do I need to look into?

I’m running the latest openhabian on a raspi2, with a Z-Stick and the sensor (v1.10 - I’m based in Europe, should I have v1.11?)

What version are you using? Is this the latest stable (ie 2.4) or the latest Mileston (2.5.1 I think) or the latest SNAPSHOT?

If you’re not using version 2.5.1 or newer, then please do so as this has code to try and avoid associations being removed which might be one of your issues.

1 Like

I went for the stable (2.4) one to avoid issues. Seems like that was the opposite of what I should have been doing :wink: will switch to 2.5.1 on the weekend and see if that solves it.

Thanks.

thanks I’m now on 2.5 and it works (required a few more removals of the battery, but got there in the end)