Aeotec ZW112 door window sensor does not report current status on OH startup

Hello all,

I bought my first door sensor and got it to work with 2.1.0 zwave snapshot. But there is one problem. If I restart OH2, then the status of the sensor is not read. nether battery nor door status. If I open or close the door, then it looks like the sensor is waking up and reports the correct status of teh windows. (battery status not)

What should I change to get the correct status of the sensor after OH starts?

Log after start of OH:
2017-04-20 15:21:14.761 [ThingUpdatedEvent ] - Thing ‘zwave:device:15a7a49f3a6:node3’ has been updated.
2017-04-20 15:21:14.796 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - ‘zwave:device:15a7a49f3a6:node3’ changed from ONLINE to ONLINE: Node initialising: REQUEST_NIF

After open/close the door the first time after start of OH:
2017-04-20 15:32:53.928 [ItemStateChangedEvent ] - DoorSensor01 changed from OPEN to CLOSED
2017-04-20 15:32:54.864 [ItemStateChangedEvent ] - DoorSensor01 changed from CLOSED to OPEN

Then the status is always correct. But thsi means for me, I have to open/close very windows after restart of OH.

Any idea?

Status can’t be read on startup since the device will not be awake. Battery devices sleep most of the time - they only wake up for a second or two every hour/day/??? (whatever you have set it to).

Battery status will only be read when the sensor wakes so I would check that the wakeup is configured correctly - normally this should be set to wake up every hour, so battery should be read periodically after this.

OK, so I will wait for some hours and see what will happen, thanks.

Yes - depending on hour your system is configured will depend on the time to wait - otherwise you should use persistence to update the item values on startup…

Now, after some hours, same. open/close is detected rapidly. But the status of the battery is still not set. Can I force to update battery status. Wakeup from standby is set to 3600.

The open/close reports are not linked to the ability of the controller to read status from the device. What does HABmin say the last wakeup time is? If the device is waking regularly, then click on the refresh button in the device overview area in HABmin and wait for a wakeup to occur.

In HABmin under attributes the device reported last wake up time 10min. ago. But battery status was not set. Where can I find “click on the refresh button in the device overview area in HABmin”. Do you mean thing overview? But where is the refresh button?

Now, after 2 days the battery value is set. It looks like this value is only updated every 2 days. Is this a default value which can be changed in habmin?

“Low battery voltage check time” is set to 86640 which means 24h. But it takes two days for the correct setting. Which is the vaulue I shoudl change to get a earlier update?

I am not getting battery updates. Did you define the item as a number or a contact?

Battery value is a number item