- Platform information:
- Hardware: Rpi 3b+
- OS: Raspbian stretch lite
- Java Runtime Environment: java 1.8.0_65
- openHAB version: 2
- Issue of the topic: after installing serial binding, i can’t search for serial devices. I have added the ‘feature:install openhab-runtime-compat1x’ for 1.x compatibility.
- Please post configurations (if applicable):
- no config needed according to the wiki
You can’t search for serial devices. Read the binding ding docs.
but it neither appears on the config/bindings part after installing
You should have noticed that the serial binding is a Version 1 binding. Those binding work with OH2 but they do not feature the “things” , so you can’t autodiscover a “serial thing”. Out of The same reason the binding does not appear in PaperUI the way you expected.
The binding does not need any configuration, you read that correctly, however in the following paragraph you should have read how to set up the NEEDED items.
really appreciated will give a try on this