After migration, "unable to find table for item" although tables exist (JDBC Postgresql)

I’m setting up a fresh OpenHAB 4.0.3 to migrate my running 3.4.4 system to.
The main persistence service is JDBC PostgreSQL.
After I managed to dump all persistence data from the old system and restoring it on the new one, I can’t get the JDBC connector to find the old persisted data when e.g. opening a chart.
Frontail outputs the error:

2023-10-21 21:57:13.436 [DEBUG] [jdbc.internal.JdbcPersistenceService] - JDBC::query: item is v_TE_Hygrometer_Temperatur

2023-10-21 21:57:13.437 [DEBUG] [jdbc.internal.JdbcPersistenceService] - JDBC::query: unable to find table for item with name: 'v_TE_Hygrometer_Temperatur', no data in database.

Funny thing is that I even went so far to rename the table in PostgreSQL itself so it is actually the real item name (with uppercase letters), which PostgreSQL only does when enclosing the name in quotation marks. Still it doesn’t find the table.

The JDBC connector can successfully access the database, and it does store the data the items receive and show them in charts - although it created new tables for these.
I’ve already rebuilt the table names in the JDBC persistence configuration several times - with suffixes, without suffixes, lowercase, real item names, whatever. None of them makes the JDBC persistence service find the old data.

What else can I do?

• Platform information:
    • Hardware: Raspberry Pi 4 4GB
    • Java Runtime Environment: ?
    • openHAB version: 4.0.3