After restart OH3 acts weird - eg. rules don't trigger anymore, certain data not stored any more

Hi,

my Raspi was running smoothly over weeks. I have today changed the location of the Raspi and for that I had to shut it down. I stopped the Influx and Openhab service, before I powered the Raspi off. Then started it again. In principle it is working, but not all - actually most functionalities don’t work - mainly because no Rule is triggered. But not only that, also data is not stored properly. What is very strange, that there is some data stored (in influx), but many THINGs data not.

What is strange:

• I don’t see trigger of any of my RULES in the log that includes sensor triggers, but also one CRON job for a speedtest
  • I suggest to focus on the speedtest as it shows the problems pretty well. I post a picture of my speediest measurements (once from the openhab browser app and once from Influx). You see that after restart at around 1300 that most data is missing, but not all.

Pic below: Speedtest is not showing results after 1300 - no regular measurements anymore like before (blue line).

Pic below: you can see on the example of the temperature that one sensor is still properly shown, all others stopped being visible in the data recording.

Pic below: Influx is working also after 13:00 - you see this on the example of one temperature sensor.

In the logs I see that no RULES is triggered (the log looks similar as before, ie the yellow and red lines have been there before, meaning that some Netatmo sensors did not work - but that is here not the topic).

What works: I can trigger a manual speedtest via a panel and the results are shown - see pic below. However, the CRON job is not triggered. And secondly the results of even the manual measurements are not shown.

And what is specifically strange - and I suggest to focus on this problem as I assume the others are depending on this also is that after triggering a manual measurements on the page above, and seeing that the measurement results change, ie it works, I cannot look on this data. Meaning that if I press on the first item “Download Bandwidth” which I just measured now in the evening at around 23:00, this (and several I performed in the last 1h) ARE NOT shown in the graph (when I click on the “download Bandwidth” the window with data over time opens):

Is anything working as before? Yes, e.g. data from Raspi like CPU temperature, but also the Corona binding is working without problems. What I of course also checked is whether I can reach the Internet from the Raspi, worked also perfectly.

Does anyone have an idea how I can find out what the problem is after the restart and how I can get the data storing and rules properly working?

BR
Alex

runtimeInfo:
  version: 3.2.0
  buildString: Release Build
locale: de-AT
systemInfo:
  configFolder: /etc/openhab
  userdataFolder: /var/lib/openhab
  logFolder: /var/log/openhab
  javaVersion: 11.0.13
  javaVendor: Azul Systems, Inc.
  javaVendorVersion: Zulu11.52+13-CA
  osName: Linux
  osVersion: 5.10.63-v7l+
  osArchitecture: arm
  availableProcessors: 4
  freeMemory: 78926592
  totalMemory: 246980608
bindings:
  - coronastats
  - fronius
  - hue
  - netatmo
  - network
  - speedtest
  - systeminfo
  - telegram
  - tr064
clientInfo:
  device:
    ios: false
    android: false
    androidChrome: false
    desktop: true
    iphone: false
    ipod: false
    ipad: false
    edge: false
    ie: false
    firefox: false
    macos: true
    windows: false
    cordova: false
    phonegap: false
    electron: false
    nwjs: false
    webView: false
    webview: false
    standalone: false
    pixelRatio: 2
    prefersColorScheme: light
  isSecureContext: false
  locationbarVisible: true
  menubarVisible: true
  navigator:
    cookieEnabled: true
    deviceMemory: N/A
    hardwareConcurrency: N/A
    language: de-DE
    languages:
      - de-DE
    onLine: true
    platform: MacIntel
  screen:
    width: 1512
    height: 982
    colorDepth: 24
  support:
    touch: false
    pointerEvents: true
    observer: true
    passiveListener: true
    gestures: false
    intersectionObserver: true
  themeOptions:
    dark: light
    filled: true
    pageTransitionAnimation: default
    bars: filled
    homeNavbar: default
    homeBackground: default
    expandableCardAnimation: default
  userAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/605.1.15
    (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/15.1 Safari/605.1.15
timestamp: 2022-02-27T21:47:29.316Z

Are your Things online? That log, as best I can tell from a screenshot on a phone screen" is not showing any events. No events means there’s nothing to trigger your rules. No events means there’s nothing to save in the database.

Hi,

actually the THINGS are online. The channels show data and it is changing (I just show one screenshot of a light sensor - I switched on light and it changed immediately the value).
But this can also be seen from my previous screenshots where I show how some sensor data (like 2 temperatures out of around 8) is still recorded.

You correctly state that there is no event seen in the event log - that is one of the problems. The question is why.

If you don’t see the event in events.log, unless you messed with the logger settings or Frontail filters, that event didn’t occur.

What I see above is:

• no events in events.log
  • no data saved to persistence after a certain time
  • rules are not triggered.

The problem isn’t the rules. The problem is there are no events. I couldn’t tell you how or why that would ever happen. I assume you’ve restarted. You might try clearing the cache.