Again [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing

First of all I would like to thank you for this great openHab!

I use openHab 2.5 on a Synology DS218p since several months and was able to solve my problems by only reading in this community. But now it is time for my first post/question:

I wanted to use the addons.cfg to have a better control. Most of it works well, but there is still an error:

[core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing ‘openhab-binding-weather, openhab-binding-fritzboxtr064’

This is my addons.cfg:
package = standard
binding = hue,mqtt,network,fritzboxtr064,weather
ui = basic,paper,habpanel
persistence = mysql
transformation = map,regex

I tried the following:

• changed order of the entries in binding = hue,mqtt,network,fritzboxtr064,weather
  • stop OH -> deleted the cache and tmp folders -> start OH
  • several restarts without deleting tmp and cache

Any suggestions?
Thank you.

I’m not sure that using this file for addons gives you any more control than simply adding a binding via PaperUI. :thinking: If you install the binding using PaperUI (need to comment out the addons.cfg first) do you have the same error?

Thanks for your feedback.

Installing the bindings via PaperUI worked before without problems and I tested it now again => smooth installation w/o problems.

btw: When using PaperUI, I have the feeling that I am losing track. Especially with many items and things. Hence the plan to do the configuration in the future via text files, in the hope of being able to structure the configuration better.

The two bindings in question both happen to be v1.x
Do you need to specify weather1 etc?

1 Like

Thank you very much @rossko57!

binding = hue,mqtt,network,fritzboxtr0641,weather1 works perfectly :+1: