Air Ventilation item/widget

Dear all,
I stuck with creating a proper entry to Main UI Pages to change Air Ventilation :-/
With some help from Udo I was able to get an entry in page overview, but with permanent options

I do have a washingdisher where binding seems to provide a pop up of available options
tilly-programs

I imagine if there is a way to create an entry like this for a ventilation items, which provides listed options??

Regards
int5749

create a list object as you did above on a separate page and launch it by a popup or popover action of a button

component: oh-button
config:
  action: popover
  actionModal: <name of widget or page>
1 Like

Use a Command Options Action which will let you set a list of value=label options. When you click on the entry with a given label it should send the value as a command to the Item.

1 Like

I created a new object, but it doesn’t work :-/

> component: oh-label-card
> config:
>   action: options
>   actionModal: page:Ventilation
>   icon: oh:fan
>   item: Ventilator2
>   actionOptions: 0=OFF,1=Stufe 1,2=Stufe 2
> slots: null

while Command is correct, as the following works for a list

component: oh-list-item
config:
action: command
listButton: true
title: Stufe 0
actionItem: Ventilator2
actionCommand: “0”

I tried to use “0” as well, but this results in code-error :-/

Something like

value: " "
config:
  icon: f7:playpause
  iconColor: black
  action: options
  actionOptions: Home=Home,Play=Play

Worked for me. I’ve backed them out because it turns out that the Roku binding provides the Command Options for you.

my 2 cents here, for me this works as well, i have made the action commands in the widget corresponding with the state description pattern “options” in the item. Not sure if this is the trick but probably worth a try?

- component: oh-link
  config:
    item: =[props.itemLock]
    actionItem: =[props.itemLock]
    actionOptions: ON=TĂśR Ă–FFNEN
    style:
      position: absolute
      width: 100%
      height: 100%

I found the missing piece :wink:
I only have had item configured to show the actual state, but missed actionItem as well.
After that was configured it’s also working like a charm

Thanks

now i have a follow up question, also realizing that there is an item and an action item. Out of curiosity i have removed the item from the widget code and added a random command button entry. It still works.

- component: oh-link
  config:

actionItem: =[props.itemLock]
    actionOptions: ON=TĂśR Ă–FFNEN, Funny=Land
    style:
      position: absolute
      width: 100%
      height: 100%
      top: 0
      left: 0

Is the “item” not obsolete here or is there a use case where the item is important as well if you can define whatever actionOptions in the widget, of course related to the actionItem who needs to understand the command.

On the other hand I have a Homematic Keymatic where you have 2 channels, one for locking / unlocking the door and one as door opener. I can´t get this work in one widget command popup as i cannot define 2 actionItems, can I ?

You can have a different display Item and actionItem. For example, a widget that shows the open/closed state of a garage door (Contact Item) that when clicked it sends a command to the garage door opener (Switch Item).

You cannot have more than one Action Item. How would it choose between the two? How would it know which one you mean to send the command to?

The Item is only needed if you leave some of the properties at their defaults. For example, if you don’t override the label it will use the label from the Item defined in the item property.

Got this, makes sense. Sad though :slight_smile:

I actually have a Garagedoor widget that contains 2 items, one sensor for the status and one for the opener that is triggered with the command option click to pop up the option to open to avoid someone by mistake is pushing the button in the UI.

still i cannot get my head around why the sensor would be useful to reference in the link to command part of the widget but to have the itemLock as item is obsolete for my use case.

just curiosity, nothing important to know though…