AlarmClock doesn´t fire

Circling back around on this. Now that we have a Marketplace that supports Rule Templates, I’ve added the Alarm Clock rule (post 68 above) to the Marketplace.

Now instead of copy and paste, users can find and install the rule through MainUI. It’s listed under Automations. Look for the Alarm Clock icon labeled “Alarm Clock Rule”.

Install the template then when you go to create a new rule you can select the template from the list. Select the AlarmClock Item and the Script/Rule you want to run when the alarm goes off and you are golden. No copy and paste and no messing with the code (unless you want to).

This is available in OH 3.2 M3 and later.

1 Like

Great!

I opened https://github.com/openhab/openhab-android/issues/2724 as a reminder to adapt the docs.

1 Like

Is it only me who doesn’t find it on the marketplace or am I looking at the wrong place? (I am on M6)

You don’t need it any more. You can use a Time is <Item> trigger instead. A little while after that new trigger was added I removed the “published” tag so it won’t show up in everyone’s list any more.

2 Likes