Alexa echo binding delay in rules

after migration from OH2.5 to OH3 my rule for Alexa talks is somehow delayed.
when motion is detected, Alexa should speek some text followed by the weather forecast. this was fine in OH2.5:

Echospot_Bad_TTS.sendCommand("Guten Morgen, hast du gut geschlafen?. hier ist das aktuelle Wetter.")
                createTimer(now.plusSeconds(3), [ | 
                Echospot_Bad_StartCommand.sendCommand("Weather")

but since OH3 there`s a long delay (~6sec) between TTS and weather command. so I tried this:

Echospot_Bad_TTS.sendCommand("good morning")
Echospot_Bad_StartCommand.sendCommand("Weather")

now Alexa starts to tell the weather forecast and then she says the TTS command.

I can reduce the wait timer to 1 sec but there`s still a gap of 6sec between TTS and weather.
yeah not the most critical issue but maybe someone can confirm this on its own system… can I fix it somehow?

I’m actually doing this in my bathrooms with my Echo’s based on the light turning on. I’m running this version of the Echo binding.

https://download.smarthomej.org/org.smarthomej.binding.amazonechocontrol-3.2.11-SNAPSHOT.kar

Here’s my rule:

var EchoThingBathroom = getThingStatusInfo("amazonechocontrol:echo:account1:echobathroom")
						if ((systemStarted.state != ON && EchoThingBathroom !== null) && (EchoThingBathroom.getStatus().toString() == 'ONLINE' && Alexa_Status.state == 'ONLINE')) {		

logInfo("ECHO","Says Good morning and the weather in Bathroom.") 
							Echo_Bathroom_StartRoutine.sendCommand('Good Morning Bathroom')
								Thread::sleep(500)
						}	

if (systemStarted.state != ON && GoodMorning_tAlive === null) {

logInfo("tAlive","GoodMorning_tAlive is null --> CREATING Timer!")
							GoodMorning_tAlive = createTimer(now().plusSeconds(21), [ |
								logInfo("tAlive","GoodMorning_tAlive timer ran out --> nulling timer.")	

var EchoThingBathroom = getThingStatusInfo("amazonechocontrol:echo:account1:echobathroom")
								if ((systemStarted.state != ON && EchoThingBathroom !== null) && (EchoThingBathroom.getStatus().toString() == 'ONLINE' && Alexa_Status.state == 'ONLINE')) {		

if (Echo_Bathroom_Player.state != "PLAY" && Echo_Bathroom_Player.state != "PLAYING") {
										logInfo("ECHO","Starting Music on Echo_Bathroom_Player.")	
										Echo_Bathroom_Volume.sendCommand('30')		
											Thread::sleep(500) 
										Echo_Bathroom_StartRoutine.sendCommand('play seventies')
									}
								}	

GoodMorning_tAlive = null
							])
						}

I’m running OH 3.2 Final.

Best, Jay

ah, you’re going via Alexa routines! I tried but it doesn’t work here. I would need to trigger the routine by motion which is not supported by the openhab skill for Alexa Smart Home: MotionDetectionState “Currently not usable in routines as proactive reporting not supported yet.”.

to my surprise my alexa app tells me (when selecting a smarthome device as routine trigger) it can’t find any smarthome devices, altough I have a bunch of openhab devices registered to alexa.

Why not just use a item within OH vs. Alexa Smart Home to trigger stuff, this is what I do.

I also do this with Hue Motion Sensors to turn the light on first, then when the light goes on, this triggers the Echo stuff.

rule "Start Music in Master Bathroom 5 - 11 am on Echo"
	when
    	Item Switch_Bathroom_Light changed from OFF to ON
	then

Best, Jay