Alexa Echo Control textToSpeech not work

Hello Community,

i updated my openhab yesterday to 2.5.5-1 and installed the Amazon Echo Control Binding. I created the config files and all options over the sitemap works. The only things that doesnt work ist the TexttoSpeech function. I see only this on my log files but nothing happens on the echodot:

2020-06-11 11:35:05.181 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Wohnungstuer_State changed from CLOSED to OPEN
2020-06-11 11:35:05.293 [ome.event.ItemCommandEvent] - Item 'Echo_Corridor_TTS' received command Willkommen zuhause
2020-06-11 11:35:05.296 [nt.ItemStatePredictedEvent] - Echo_Corridor_TTS predicted to become Willkommen zuhause
2020-06-11 11:35:05.323 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Echo_Corridor_TTS changed from  to Willkommen zuhause
2020-06-11 11:35:07.130 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Echo_Corridor_TTS changed from Willkommen zuhause to
2020-06-11 11:35:10.215 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Wohnungstuer_State changed from OPEN to CLOSED

Here my files:

alexa.things

Bridge amazonechocontrol:account:account1 “Amazon Account” @ “Accounts”
{
// Echo Geräte
Thing echo echo1 “Alexa (Flur)” @ “Flur” [serialNumber=“myserialnumber1”]
Thing echo echo2 “Alexa (Wohnzimmer)” @ “Wohnzimmer” [serialNumber=“myserialnumber1”]
}

alexa.items
all from Amazon Echo Control - Bindings | openHAB but here an example:

// Commands
String Echo_Corridor_Announcement “Announcement” (Alexa_Corridor) {channel=“amazonechocontrol:echo:account1:echo1:announcement”}
String Echo_Corridor_TTS “Text to Speech” (Alexa_Corridor) {channel=“amazonechocontrol:echo:account1:echo1:textToSpeech”}
Dimmer Echo_Corridor_TTS_Volume “Text to Speech Volume” (Alexa_Corridor) {channel=“amazonechocontrol:echo:account1:echo1:textToSpeechVolume”}
String Echo_Corridor_Remind “Remind” (Alexa_Corridor) {channel=“amazonechocontrol:echo:account1:echo1:remind”}
String Echo_Corridor_PlayAlarmSound “Play Alarm Sound” (Alexa_Corridor) {channel=“amazonechocontrol:echo:account1:echo1:playAlarmSound”}
String Echo_Corridor_StartRoutine “Start Routine” (Alexa_Corridor) {channel=“amazonechocontrol:echo:account1:echo1:startRoutine”}
Dimmer Echo_Corridor_NotificationVolume “Notification volume” (Alexa_Corridor) {channel=“amazonechocontrol:echo:account1:echo1:notificationVolume”}
Switch Echo_Corridor_AscendingAlarm “Ascending alarm” (Alexa_Corridor) {channel=“amazonechocontrol:echo:account1:echo1:ascendingAlarm”}

And here my rule:

rule “Benachrichtigung von Alexa bei Tür AUF”
when
Item Wohnungstuer_State received update OPEN
then
Echo_Corridor_TTS.sendCommand(‘Willkommen zuhause’)
//Echo_Corridor_StartCommand.sendCommand(‘Weather’)
end

Any ideas? :S

HI,

I have the same issue with OH3.
Did you solve this issue?

Hi, I was stucked with the same problem. TTS started to work after a simple OpenHab Reboot. Hope this simple solution work for some readers too.

Hi Rodrigo,
I just set up Echo Control Binding on OH3.1. Actually I confirm your simple trick “try turning it off and on again” was also required in my case. Thanks for that! :wink:

Hi,

that is really serious. This was also the solution for me.