Alexa says -> device is malfunctioning? Hue Emulation

No clue why, but maybe somebody has an idea:

I created a shutter item as follows:

Dimmer Rollo “Rollo” [ “Lighting” ]

Go for discovery then give command to Alexa like - Rollo to 30% or some other number/value.
The command arrives correct on OpenHab all good but then Alexa says, the device is malfunctioning.

Why this strange comment from Alexa?
Seems some message back to Alexa from the HueEmulation is not working.

Any ideas???

For normal switching like “ON”/“OFF” Alexa is happy and not giving such strange comments.

Here also some debug information:

09:06:11.393 [DEBUG] [mulation.internal.HueEmulationService] - sending 50 to Rollo
09:06:11.399 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ItemCommandEvent ] - Item ‘Rollo’ received command 50
09:06:11.408 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Rollo changed from 40 to 50

I need to say, that I also enabled portforwarding from 8080 to 80, so that Alexa is able to discover the devices:

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp -m tcp --dport 80 -j REDIRECT --to-ports 8080

1 Like

nobody facing same issues?

+1 here. I have just started playing with it, but if I figure it out I’ll post it here. Have you found any solution?

no no news on it.

same here, with a dimmer - i can dim the light just fine - but alexa says there is a problem with the device. funny enough if i use 100% or on/off it is working - anything less than 100% gives the error (but works)

I just ran across this post today.i have had some issues over last two months as we have gone through the milestone builds.

2.5m6 or rc1 I can’t remember what I am on no easy way for me to check remotely. This version seems to have fixed most of my issues although I still have some trouble with dimming request on certain lights. I can turn on or off with no issue but if I ask her to set the item to 50% I hav issues.
The issues started a few months ago in an effort to fix I upgraded to a new milestone and had other issues. Since the 2.5release I believe those other things are fixed I need to start to debug the dimming issues.

I have exactly the same issue.
I can issue any percentage or ON or OFF to the dimmer item, and it acts accordingly. (Well, ON turns the dimmer on to 100% - not sure if that’s expected, but it suits WAF!)
ON, OFF an 100% work as intended.
ANY other %, alexa says “sorry. test dimmer appears to be malfunctioning” - but the dimmer item is correctly set in OH2.

What gives?

Here is the relevant issue - there also is a mergerequest since a few days which should fix the problem.

see https://github.com/openhab/openhab-addons/issues/6690