Alexa skill not deploying

Hello,
I’m trying to deploy the openhab-alexa skill for my private cloud (I upgraded all from 2.5 to 3.3.0 openhabian) I’m trying to deploy the skill with

ask deploy

but I get:

AlexaSkillFunctionPermission[AWS::Lambda::Permission] CREATE_FAILED (Resource creation cancelled)

What am I doing wrong?

I am not an expert for this topic - nevertheless I manged it somehow a few months ago.
As far as I remember the permission model on AWS changed in the meantime ( time between OH2.5 came out and time OH3.3 came out ).
So as far as I remember I needed to do adaptions in AWS IAM.

@jeshab should be able to give a better answer.

1 Like

For now I solved deploying manually the lamda and connecting to the skill, may be is it a bug ? Ask deploy should create all automatically

I responded to the GitHub issue you opened.

2 Likes

Thanks @jeshab for now I deployed manually the lambda zip, but the user is my private user on my private account (it should be Administrator as far as I know) where can I check it?

Thanks

The comment reference I provided in my response includes links to the permission policy necessary for the ASK-CLI deployment and how to set it up in the AWS IAM console. Other than that I would recommend looking for tutorials on how to manage AWS permissions with their IAM service if you are not familiar with how to do so.

1 Like