Alexa Smart Home Skill V3 is now live!

We actually need to add Portuguese translation to support that language. Until it is added to the skill, you will not be able to use the official skill unfortunately.

Have you tried to deploy your private skill? The localization in that setup may not be a factor. Also, I am curious to see which region the Lambda function should be deployed since Amazon hasn’t updated their documentation for your skill language as of yet. My guess would be with the North America endpoint (us-east-1). It would be great if you could confirm? :+1:

Maybe I can help, just replied there.

Thats right. I deployed as a private skill in us-east-1 and it’s working :slight_smile:

1 Like

Awesome :+1: I will update the documentation.

Hi All

Just a question on Alexa groups, am I right in saying that creating the Light and the Echo into a group is an Alexa app side configuration and that nothing is needed in OH2 to make this work? I only have a need to say ‘Alexa, turn on the lights’ in a room which has an Echo and a number of lights (but I’ll only put the downlights into the group) for example

Thanks

I just added a Security System, as defined in the documentation, and it shows up in Alexa as a security system, but it does not seem to be recognized by Alexa Guard. Has anyone else gotten it to work? Is there something I am missing, or is there a limitation where Amazon only allows this to work with Ring and ADT?

You are correct. Just create a group in Alexa app, add the lights that should be controlled and link the relevant echo device to that group.

You are correct. Alexa Guard is considered as a separate security system device. However, you should be able to use the latest beta version of the Amazon Echo Control binding to synchronize the arm state between the two via OH rules.

2 Likes

I am not using myopenhab.org, but rather my own public (via nginx) openHAB server. I did not run into any issues with the install and my devices all showed up!!! The bad news is they are all offline. Any ideas on how I can debug?

Actually they were old devices, I removed them all and then ran discover and nothing shows up. :frowning:

Expired cert… now works!

1 Like

Hey guys,

i just switched to the new v3 tagging of items:

Switch Sonoff_MAXS20002 "Max Stehlampe" <light> (Lights_MaxZimmer, Lights) {channel="mqtt:topic:Sonoff_MAXS20002:switch", alexa="Switchable" [category="LIGHT"]}

I deleted all items in the alexa app and started a new discover search. The first try was yesterday and i now tried it again. Unfortunately alexa isnt finding any new items.
What am i doing wrong?

Kind Regards,
Max

The syntax looks fine if this is the only Alexa-enabled item. Have you gone over the troubleshooting guide? It could be a server issue.

With the recent ability added to the Alexa API, to set a given mode, range and toggle controller interface as a non-controllable property, support for the CurrentHumidity label has been added and is now available in the live skill. This is currently only available in the US since it is based of the range controller interface but should be available globally in the near future based on Amazon’s latest announcement.

Now it works (overnight) dont knwo why.
But what is the german command to switch a homematic thermostat to off?

String Homematic_CLAHRT002_Mode "Claudius Heizung Links Betriebsart [MAP(HM-CC-RT-DN.map):%s]" <clipboard_flow> (Heating_ClaudiusZimmer_L, Heating_OpModes) {channel="homematic:HG-HM-CC-RT-DN:e99d2e90:OEQ1708935:4#CONTROL_MODE", alexa="ThermostatController.thermostatMode" [OFF="OFF", AUTO="AUTO", NORMAL="NORMAL"]}

It sounds like you didn’t trigger a manual discovery update after you changed your configuration.

Not sure exactly what the German utterance is but this is how you would request it in English:

Alexa, set <thermostatDeviceName> to off

And if you only have one thermostat device defined in your Alexa account, you can just use the term “thermostat”:

Alexa, set the thermostat to off

Hey,
i have Devices for my Rollershutter:

Rollershutter AlexaArbeitszimmerRolladen “Arbeitszimmerfenster” (gAlexaRolladen) {alexa=“PercentageController.percentage” [category=“SWITCH”]}

Rollershutter Arbeitszimmer_Rolladen_Fenster “Arbeitszimmerfenster” (gArbeitszimmer, gOnline) [“Lighting”] {mqtt=“>[mqttBroker:shellies/shellyswitch25-76C719/roller/0/command:command:*:MAP(shelly.map)], <[mqttBroker:shellies/shellyswitch25-76C719/roller/0/pos:state:MAP(shelly.map)]”}

rule "RolladenArbeitszimmerAlexa"
 when 
   Item AlexaArbeitszimmerRolladen received command
 then
   logInfo("RolladenArbeitszimmerAlexa", "Status" + AlexaArbeitszimmerRolladen.getState())
end

Is it possible to link the “Original”-Item directly to the Alexa-Item? What i want:
i will see the current % of my Shutter. i will get the % from alexa. i will control the shutter by voice to x%

I hope someone can help me :slight_smile:

Yes as long as your original item can directly process the commands issued by the Alexa skill. Based on the description you provided, it seems to be the case.

Looking at the configuration you provided, your original item is already Alexa-enabled through the “Lighting” tag which the skill converts as metadata configuration {alexa="PercentageController.percentage" [category="LIGHT"]}.

So my recommendations here would be to remove your AlexaArbeitszimmerRolladen item, as it would be conflicting with your original item due to same label name, and update your original item to use the “Switchable” tag in place of “Lighting”, if you rather stick with tags configuration in case you are using other smart assistant integrations.

Rollershutter Arbeitszimmer_Rolladen_Fenster "Arbeitszimmerfenster" (gArbeitszimmer, gOnline) ["Switchable"] {mqtt=">[mqttBroker:shellies/shellyswitch25-76C719/roller/0/command:command:*:MAP(shelly.map)], <[mqttBroker:shellies/shellyswitch25-76C719/roller/0/pos:state:MAP(shelly.map)]"}

Or convert the tag to metadata configuration as below:

Rollershutter Arbeitszimmer_Rolladen_Fenster "Arbeitszimmerfenster" (gArbeitszimmer, gOnline {alexa="PercentageController.percentage" [category="SWITCH"], mqtt=">[mqttBroker:shellies/shellyswitch25-76C719/roller/0/command:command:*:MAP(shelly.map)], <[mqttBroker:shellies/shellyswitch25-76C719/roller/0/pos:state:MAP(shelly.map)]"}
1 Like

Spanish supported? Wohoo. Thank you very much and excellent work! Can’t wait to get my echo dot

Would the V3 Skill using the MediaPlayer tag allow you to get basic stop/pause/play voice commands through to the kodi binding?
If this would work can anyone start me off with an example item?
my current kodi player item:

Player  Kodi_Control "Kodi Control"	{channel="kodi:kodi:56633dfc-xxx-xxx-xxx-42392bba46xx:control"}
1 Like

The metadata label MediaPlayer would allow you to send requests to your Player item linked to the kodi binding. Keep in mind that the “Stop” command is not supported by a Player item on the OH side and therefore not available with the skill. You can find all the supported actions in the documentation.

You should update your item as below. For example, you can request Alexa, play on kodi or Alexa, rewind on kodi. Additional utterance examples can be found here.

Player  Kodi_Control "Kodi"	{alexa="MediaPlayer", channel="kodi:kodi:56633dfc-xxx-xxx-xxx-42392bba46xx:control"}

@jeshab youve made my day - one change and I am set up! all controls work - even Stop! Its not as feature rich as the kodi-alexa dev skill I set up but all I really used from that was the player contrals anyway - and this without any code to manage - awesome!!!