Alexa Start Coammand Xbox On

Hello, I want to turn on and off my Xbox One with openHAB.

I created an item (Switch Xbox) and a routine When Xbox received command ON THEN send command to Marks Echo Dot . It works with standard things at the routine like “Good Morning”, which is default from Alexa Start Command.

If I ask my Alexa to Switch the Xbox to On it works. What should I change, that it is also working with this switch?

The default things like “Sing a song”, works. But what should I change to say "Xbox ON "

If I understand correctly, you are trying to control an Alexa smart home device form OH?

If so, have you tried to discover your Alexa smart home devices via the Amazon Echo Control binding?

Yes i do control it over this binding.

If you have linked your Alexa smart home devices in OH, why do you want to send a command to turn on that device?

Anyway, looking closer at your screenshot, it seems that you are using the startCommand channel. If you are looking to request free-form commands, you should use the textCommand channel instead.

I have now done a simple switch by my own.

Why use Amazon Alexa Binding?:
Lot of things have no Binding to openHAB. The workaround is then to add it in Amazon Alexa and then control it via Amazon Alexa with openHAB.

It is going to be hard to provide a tailored solution to your use case if you don’t provide the bigger picture of what you are trying to achieve. There are two workflows interacting with Alexa supported in OH:

• The Amazon Echo Control binding interacts with echo devices and any Alexa-related devices on your Amazon account from the OH side.

• The Alexa Smart Home skill on the other hand handles the opposite, any interaction from the Alexa side such voice commands and controls from the Alexa app using the Alexa metadata configuration.

It is important to note that both workflows are completely separate and don’t rely on each other.