All Controles gone in Paper UI (openHAB 2.2)

• Platform information:
    • Raspberry Pi 3
  • openHAB 2.2

Hi

I updated to 2.2 a few days ago and everything worked fine for like 3 - 4 days.
But then all of my Items in the Controller section in the Paper UI were gone! I thought it was some bug due to the update so i took my time and added all of them again in the Paper UI and everything worked again.
But yesterday i had the same issue again!
I don’t even know where i have to start looking for the problem :frowning:
I don’t know what time it was and my log file is pretty large …
Does anyone have an idea what to examine?

Thank you!

Log files:

The Control section should show the all channels of things that are connected to items and not the items.
What is your setting for the “Simple Mode” in PaperUI?

Thats the Problem. All the Things i created through bindings in paper ui simple mode are delete for the second time now. :frowning: before i will Do it a third time i have to find the issue…

I did backup all of my config files but as far as i know the things created in paper ui are stored in a db somewhere else… I thought paper ui is the way to go but i have no idea how to back that up…

https://docs.openhab.org/installation/linux.html#backup-and-restore

I think you should create items manually by creating items in file *.items. It can prevent paper ui removing your items.

Hi!
I configured everything manually now.
Except the z-wave devices (hardly possible) and a beta plugin (sony tv).
Now the things still show up in paper ui but nothing is working right now - i can’t control it via the sitemap, paper ui or anything else …
Errors:

2018-01-12 15:50:15.689 [ERROR] [lfe.hap.impl.http.impl.BinaryHandler] - Exception in binary handler
java.io.IOException: Die Wartezeit für die Verbindung ist abgelaufen
at sun.nio.ch.FileDispatcherImpl.read0(Native Method) ~[?:?]
at sun.nio.ch.SocketDispatcher.read(SocketDispatcher.java:39) [?:?]
at sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.readIntoNativeBuffer(IOUtil.java:223) [?:?]
at sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.read(IOUtil.java:192) [?:?]
at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.read(SocketChannelImpl.java:380) [?:?]
at io.netty.buffer.UnpooledUnsafeDirectByteBuf.setBytes(UnpooledUnsafeDirectByteBuf.java:447)

It seems to be a homekit problem. I already deleted the pairing and reset manually twice but I always get the same problems (duplicates for items). i guess i’ll try a complete reinstall of the openhab installation (of course with backups of my textual config).