All time cron rules stopped working

Hi all,
this morning at 04:30 all my time cron rules stopped working without any report in the logs. Also there’s nothing to see in the syslog.
One rule is executed every minute and it was last executed at 04:29:

rule "ExecCal"
when
	Time cron "0 0/1 * * * ?"
then
	logInfo("ExecCal", "Start")
	  do my calendar stuff
	logInfo("ExecCal", "End")
end

The last entries in openhab2.log were

2017-08-05 04:29:00.024 [INFO ] [lipse.smarthome.model.script.ExecCal] - Start
2017-08-05 04:29:00.620 [INFO ] [lipse.smarthome.model.script.ExecCal] - End

followed by:

2017-08-05 04:32:00.279 [INFO ] [Manager$ExpressionThreadPoolExecutor] - Expression '0 32 4 5 8 ? 2017' has no future executions anymore

Don’t know what these entries which I am seeing since some weeks are caused by, but they are definitley not coming from any of my rules.

But the main question is: how can I find out what went wrong and stopped my rules, cause not only the rule shown above stopped working but also all other time cron rules I have.

BTW: I’m running 2.1.0 - release build.

Regards and thanks in advance
Frank

From the astro binding, because you are using an older build:

Thanks @sihui for explaning these messages

Does anybody know how I can find out why my time cron rules stopped working?

Yesterday again all my Time cron rules stopped working without any lig entry.
What is this? I cant’t restart openhab every few days …

Hi, i think i have the same issue. All my time cron rules stopped working. If i restart Openhab the cron rules work for some hours and stopped again.

After the cron freeze i have created a test.rule:

rule "Testrule"
when
Time cron "0/30 * * * * ?"
then   	
  logWarn("Testrule", " OK ")
end

followed by a log entry:

2017-10-21 14:24:55.162 [INFO ] [org.quartz.core.QuartzScheduler     ] - Scheduler openHAB-job-scheduler_$_NON_CLUSTERED started.

But no output from the testrule.

after restarting OpenHAB the rule works as expected:

2017-10-21 14:30:00.015 [WARN ] [ipse.smarthome.model.script.Testrule] -  OK 

How could i find the cause or debug the sheduler?

I opened this issue https://github.com/eclipse/smarthome/issues/4130

I copied all my rules to a test machine and found out that the copied also stop working but not half as often. There is no z-wave traffic on my trst machine. I am still working on removing all my specific stuff from the copied rules in order to post them.

Meanwhile I also found out that while I was heavily increasing http traffic within my original rules, time between two breakdowns was decreasing. The next thing I wanna do is to remove http binding and put all this stuff into shell scripts that can be called by exec binding. Maybe this helps identifying the problem.

Did you find the root cause?

I know, that this is an old thread but it seems related.
However, the symptoms are exactly the same:

1. no visible error message neither in events.log nor openhab.log
  2. No changes when it happened for hours.

I actually use a rule to detect this issue:

// Check whether the cron rules are working properly
rule "Does cron work?"
when
	Item Astro_Sun_Azimuth changed
then
	if(!System_started.changedSince(now.minusMinutes(45),"jdbc")) {
		if(ActTime.state != NULL && ActTime.previousState(true,"jdbc").state != NULL && !ActTime.changedSince(now.minusMinutes(60),"jdbc")) {
			logInfo("system.rules", "ActTime (" + ActTime.state + ") did not change since 60 min - is there a cron Problem?")
			sendTelegram("OH_TeleBot", "ActTime seit 60 min nicht aktualisiert: " + ActTime.state.toString + "\nCron Probleme?")
		}
	}
end

I am running OH 2.4 stable on a raspberry PI

EDIT: For some issues I sometimes restart single OH modules from karaf instead of the entire OH system. Did you maybe found out, which one needs to be restarted (any Core module like “Eclipse SmartHome Model Core” or such)?

See here for a similar discussion

I run a rule every minute and don’t have this issue anymore since I updated to OH 2.4 stable.

BTW: Together with The OH update I stabilized my rpi by enabling its watchdog and moving the system onto a ssd (instead of sd-card). Maybe this helped.

Thanks.
I currently try to reduce the executeCommand lines with a timeout which supposed to be causing timing problems leading to the cron issue.
I hope this will help…