Allways get the latest update?

Hello Guys.
I’ve installed the HabPanel from the OH2 Beta4 installer… But how can i be sure to allways get new stuff and updates when something is updated on the Git? Is there a smart way of upgrading the HabPanel?

Hi, I think the most straightforward way is with the openHAB commandline:

openhab> bundle:update "HABPanel User Interface"

or find the ID with bundle:list e.g. 212 and run bundle:update 212 - by the way, in this list you’ll have the timestamp of the build you’re using in the version number:

212 | Active   |  80 | 2.0.0.201611011230    | HABPanel User Interface

Thanks - that did the trick for me :slight_smile:

sorry for a totaly noob question, but how do I get to the openhab 2.0 CLI on a running setup without stopping the service?

Possibly the easiest way to upgrade is to use PaperUI or HABmin. Go to the Extensions menu, uninstall the bundle that you wish to install, wait a few seconds, and reinstall it again. Assuming you are using the online snapshot version, it will reinstall with the latest version.

Don’t know if you run Windows or Linux… but in Windows simply open the shell and do it from here - have no experience with Linux :slight_smile:

1 Like

on linux you just run /usr/share/openhab2/runtime/karaf/bin/client

@chris will this remove any config already done in Habpanel?

If you’re just updating a single binding (or a number of bindings even) it won’t (or shouldn’t!) loose any configuration.