Alternative sorted... đź‘Ť

My goodness this “Community” support platform is rather demanding!
Is admin rather frustrated? (You don’t get a bossy list, like below on Home assistant forum :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

"*

• Hardware: CPUArchitecture/RAM/storage
  • Java Runtime Environment: which java platform is used and what version
  • openHAB version:
  • Issue of the topic: please be detailed explaining your issue
  • Please post configurations (if applicable):
    • Items configuration related to the issue
    • Sitemap configuration related to the issue
    • Rules code related to the issue
    • Services configuration related to the issue
  • If logs where generated please post these here using code fences:"

Aint no body got time for dat…!! Has someone seen this?

Newbie from HA, migrating to Openhab2. Just wondering…

So i’m on ubuntu 18.04
loaded the java requirements on the latest install instructions on openhab2.

Integrated Mi-light LED controller into Openhab2. 2 zones controlled by Openhab2 (no other zones exist).

When picking a colour in HabPanel (installed by Openhab2), i see this.
IMG_4384

When selecting the previous stored colour presets (that are listed on the image). The right colour occurs in real life, yet they point to a white space in the GUI.

Probably being a noob my end. or is this an error?

Before someone says all the above info is needed to reply to a request… I’m not asking you :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

We volunteers have no time to answer your question then until you grow up.

By the way, here is our helpful thread that Home Assistant ripped off from here so the principles apply to BOTH forums.

How to ask a good question / Help Us Help You - Tutorials & Examples - openHAB Community

And Home Assistant’s one. for reference.

4 Likes

*grabs popcorn.

1 Like

I have decided to refund the money you paid for our support here. Enjoy. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I’m looking forward to some “support” from a “community” member who isnt wound as tight as Maggy Thatchers knickers :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

You could add a HABpanel tag to your post, as that is what you are having trouble with,

2 Likes

Done :ok_hand:

I’d suggest you take a step back and consider how you might be creating a negative impression on the people who volunteer their free time to help others out. Generally speaking, it’s almost always a bad idea to hurl criticism immediately after joining a community-led forum.

I’m sorry, @openforbusiness, but I’m closedforbusiness.

7 Likes

Perhaps they got banned from the HA forum?

1 Like

The graphic looks to me what you would expect for something like a colour temperature selection anyway. But I’ve no idea about HABpanel or what widget is in use there.

1 Like

It’s the integral colour picker in HabPanel. The issue is intermittent. I’ll try another widget for now. There’s still so much more to integrate.
Am still using bits of HA in the background (using Node red as the middle man) till I work out how to do the same things here.

The GUI is looking really good!

Thanks for taking the time to reply Rossko :+1:

Glad you found the time to read it.

3 Likes

:joy: :wink::blush:

To be fair, they gave us credit. :slight_smile:

Here’s the deal. If you aint got time for that we aint got time to help you. As has been said, we are all volunteers here. When you force us to play 20 questions in order to get the information we need to actually provide the help you are after it shows a great disrespect for the time our volunteers spend helping others on this forum as well as a great sense of entitlement.

In short, our time has value too. If you need help, we expect you to help us by providing the information we need to help without wasting time trying to drag the information out of you.

All that information asked for is there because 99% of the time the answer to the problem is different depending on your answers to those questions. And 99.999% of the time, those posting asking for help often do not know enough about OH to know which of those questions are in fact not relevant.

So be polite and respectful of the volunteer’s time and just provide the information asked for.

5 Likes

The colour picker does not look right and is washed out and too much white. Have you tried different browsers like chrome to see if the browser has a issue displaying the widget?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.