Amanda ERROR taper no-tape

Hello,

I have installed amanda with the “openHABian Configuration Tool” on my pine64. When the backup starts i received the Error msg shown below:

ERROR taper no-tape error [Timeout trying to lock ‘/mnt/nas/Backup_PI/slots/state’: Permission denied]
WARNING driver Taper error: “Timeout trying to lock ‘/mnt/nas/Backup_PI/slots/state’: Permission denied”
FAIL driver pine64 /var/lib/homegear 20190914010002 0 [can’t do degraded dump without holding disk]
FAIL driver pine64 /etc/homegear 20190914010002 0 [can’t do degraded dump without holding disk]
FAIL driver pine64 /var/lib/openhab2 20190914010002 0 [can’t do degraded dump without holding disk]
FAIL driver pine64 /etc/openhab2 20190914010002 0 [can’t do degraded dump without holding disk]

Is somebody aware about these Errors and can help to solve this issue?

Thanks

Well it cannot write to your storage area because permissions are wrong there. It must be writable for the ‘backup’ user. You should have seen errors at install time (see /boot/first-boot.log).
If so, reinstall Amanda.
Eventually (if you mounted /mnt off some standard UNIX machine) you forgot to add the no_root_squash option there.

Thanks for the tip!

I have added the following options to my fstab file and now it works:

rw,nounix,iocharset=utf8,file_mode=0777,dir_mode=0777

Please tick the solution post, thanks

You didn’t mount a CIFS share, did you ? It is not supposed to work and you should know if you read the manual. Let alone it’s nonsense as Windows machines usually don’t run 24x7.

Yes I did a CIFS mount to my shared Backupfolder on my QNAP.

The entire command is:

//192.168.178.20/Backup /mnt/nas/Backup_PI cifs defaults,nofail,username=xxx,password=xxxx,x-systemd.automount,x-systemd.requires=network-online.target,x-systemd.device-timeout=1,rw,nounix,iocharset=utf8,file_mode=0777,dir_mode=0777 0 0

You use CIFS to mount a share off a UNIX machine (QNAP) to another UNIX machine (pine64) ?
What a nonsense. You’re asking for trouble. Move to NFS.

I have some issues with nfs, therefore I try it with cif! This share on qnap is also used by windows application and I activate samba v3. when I try to mount the share with nfs I receive a time out.

I think with cif you have more option, regarding permissions. I´m not so familiar with unix systems…

No, you might not have read about or tried, but in fact Linux is more flexible there.
You can also export a disk as both, CIFS and NFS.

Either way be aware that to use CIFS is not supported for Amanda storage for good reason as is explicitly stated in the README.
Good luck if you want to keep that setup but please don’t ask for help again here if it does not.

Okay thanks for your help.

I´m switched to nfs now. The failure was on the server side with the nfs permission.

Now the fstab command looks like this:

192.168.178.20:/Backup /mnt/nas/Backup_PI nfs rw,rsize=8191,wsize=8191,hard,intr,_netdev 0 0

Is there something else what I have to consider?