Amazon Dash Button: No NIF was found

I can’t get it to run. When starting: Amazon Dash Button Binding - Search, I’m getting several messages like:

2017-01-12 01:26:07.235 [INFO ] [org.pcap4j.core.Pcaps ] - No NIF was found.

Setting the capabilities seems to be OK:

ubuntu@pine64:~$ getcap /usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-arm64/jre/bin/java
/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-arm64/jre/bin/java = cap_net_admin,cap_net_raw+eip cap_net_bind_service+ep

With the Network Binding the Dash Buttons can be found, I think another indicator that the capabilities are OK.

Running openhab with root rights doesn’t change something.

Maybe @oliver or another one has an idea?

It is not confirmed yet but maybe this is the problem with newer dash buttons:

No, they are working well with openHAB running under Windows. And they are working with the Network Binding. But the last one is very suboptimal. And they are a bit older, one of the first available in Germany.

I tried pcap4j standalone at the Pine64 and it seems that the problem lies in the library. It doesn’t find a network interface to start sniffing.

Btw. tcpdump is working at the Pine64 and it uses also the libpcap lib as well as pcap4j.

Hi @ohagendorf,

are you really sure that the java binary you provided the capabilities to is the one which openHAB uses?

Kind regards
Oliver

Did you get it running?
I have a new Dash Button.
I can use it with my Live-OH-System on Raspberry Pi - but it doesnt find a network interface on my Pine64…

Michael

Unfortunately, it is not yet running. Up to now I didn’t had enough time for further investigation.