Amazon Dash Buttons: Only some are working

Hi there,

I’m quite fond of using Amazon Dash Buttons as cheap hardware buttons - and they work (more or less) reliable. But currently some of them are completely ignored by my openHAB setup.

For most of my buttons a button press causes an ARP request, wich, in turn, triggers an openHAB event:

2018-09-05 19:04:22.982 [vent.ChannelTriggeredEvent] - amazondashbutton:dashbutton:derwent:press triggered

But for some buttons all ARP requests are completely ignored by openHAB (no entry in the log, neither on info nor on debug level) (I confirmed the ARP request via Wireshark).

For example, in one setup I’m using the following Dash Buttons:

Thing amazondashbutton:dashbutton:derwent   [ macAddress="AC:63:BE:E7:xx:xx", pcapNetworkInterfaceName="eth0" ]
Thing amazondashbutton:dashbutton:gbc       [ macAddress="AC:63:BE:2D:xx:xx", pcapNetworkInterfaceName="eth0" ]
Thing amazondashbutton:dashbutton:playboy   [ macAddress="FC:A6:67:F0:xx:xx", pcapNetworkInterfaceName="eth0" ]
Thing amazondashbutton:dashbutton:ariel     [ macAddress="00:FC:8B:63:xx:xx", pcapNetworkInterfaceName="eth0" ]
Thing amazondashbutton:dashbutton:nivea     [ macAddress="FC:65:DE:C0:xx:xx", pcapNetworkInterfaceName="eth0" ]

Four of them are working just fine, but the ‘Ariel’ button is simply ignored. If think that the ‘Ariel’ button worked just fine in the past (probably with an older version of openHAB 2 & the amazondashbutton-binding), but I’m no longer completely sure…

My current setup is an openHABianPi with openHAB 2.3.0-1 and the amazondashbutton-binding in version 2.3.0. All buttons where purchased in Germany at different points in time…

Ideas about possible reasons / solutions?