Amazon Echo Control binding cannot log into Amazon account anymore

I have the same problem. Cannot log in even using Yubikey as 2FA. The \openhabian\openHAB-userdata\jsondb does not exist on my openhabian installation, so I cannot test that.

“Login to ‘amazon.com’ failed: Request failed”

Regular login to the Amazon website works fine.

I’m hearing this version fixes the login issue and “some” smarthome device interaction. I have been running it for 24 hours w/o any issues.

org.smarthomej.binding.amazonechocontrol-3.2.10-SNAPSHOT.jar.txt (479.2 KB)
org.smarthomej.commons-3.2.10-SNAPSHOT.jar.txt (66.4 KB)

Remove .txt from the files before using.

Best, Jay

I really do appreciate your help. Thank you. Will try it again if I can get over my frustration with this binding.

1 Like

AS there are backslashes this seems to be @jwiseman 's samba share.
jsondb must be there for all different kind of installations as this is a core component of OH.
On linux file systems it is locate at /var/lib/openhab/jsondb

1 Like

Jay, I can also confirm the 3.2.10 snapshot is running without any issues. No login issues and no log spams of “websocket 1005 errors”.

Thanks for the help!

1 Like

Found out about this and I wanted to share in order to keep up to date with the latest Amazon Echo binding.

"If you’re on openHAB 3.2.0 or later, you can add “https://download.smarthomej.org/addons.json ” in the “JSON 3rd Party Addon Service” section in the settings page of the UI.
Once that is saved, go to the bindings page and you’ll see a new section with the 3rd Party Addons. You’re looking for the SmartHome/J variant of the Amazon Echo Control Binding.
Be sure to uninstall the regular one before you install this one!"

Best, Jay

3 Likes