Amazon Echo Control Binding Errors when trying to Play TuneIN

Sorry, didn‘t scroll far enough. I‘ll check that.

Thanks for reporting. I have spoken with the Alexa maintainers of FHEM and ioBroker, and they report the same issue, so it seems to be a change on Amazon’s servers. We’ll investigate that.

1 Like

I have the same issue even with 3.2 snapshot. Thanks.

Thanks a lot!

Regards
Jonas

Funny thing is programmed it just one day before it broke so i was wondering what was going on suddenly :wink:

It’s also broken from the Browser (I use alexa.amazon.de), so it’s not related to our implementation.

I would suggest to use the textCommand channel and send something like “Spiele Radio Bob auf TuneIn” (“Play Radio Bob on TuneIn”). That works for me and also saves you from the work of getting the station id.

2 Likes

Nice idea, i will check that out!

Hi Jan, thanks for the hint.
This is working for the single devices. How would you handle this with alexa mulitroom devices? (wha)
There is no possibilit to send textCommands.

Thanks

It should work if you just choose any device and add the name of the mr-group: play music on first floor

2 Likes

Ahh so easy. Thank you so much.

Thanks, I didn’t knew that.

That’s weird because I cannot see any textCommand channel on any echo devices things.

It‘s an „advanced“ channel. Which version are you using?

But as a work around, I created a routine on the alexa app and then I call this routine from OH by using startRoutine channel. And still no textCommand even in the advanced channel.

Did you upgrade from a previous version? The textCommand channel was added some time ago and unfortunately openHAB does not update existing things. If you created the thing from discovery, you can delete the thing, re-discover it and all channel-links stay.

Instead of textCommand you can use the playMusicVoiceCommand channel.
Unfortunately nether are available for wha things, so I still can’t see an easy way to start radio on a speaker group.

Hi Forum,

are there new information for this “bug”?

I have tried it after openHAB 3.2.0 and Amazon Echo Control 3.28 update.
It seams thate the “TuneIn” is still broken at Amazon (I have tried also the URL und I’ll get an “” exception in the Amazon-WebUI).

Best regards,
Reinhard

If Amazon removed that feature, there is not much we can do.

1 Like

Just use the text input channel like you would do talking to alexa. Like „play blabla radio on tunein“ and it will work just fine

2 Likes

I know this is an old thread, but the work around seems to be to switch from using the radioStationId channel to using the textCommand channel (or playMusicVoiceCommand), but neither of these are supported to WHA (whole home audio). Does anyone have something that works for WHA?

Just in case someone pops in here again, using the textCommand on any device you can simply add ‘everywhere’ or the name of your audio group to the command (ie. ‘play heart radio everywhere’).
Tested, it works.