Amazon Echo Control Error "Web socket close 1005" - Still happening on 3.2.0

I’ve got mine working. Reinstall the version that can log in, get logged in and then install the latest - it remembers that you are logged on.

3.2.10 also fixed the login.

Great. I was waiting over the weekend so used the workaround with 3.2.9.

Where can I get this build (3.2.10)?

If you’re on openHAB 3.2.0 or later, you can add “https://download.smarthomej.org/addons.json” in the “JSON 3rd Party Addon Service” section in the settings page of the UI.
Once that is saved, go to the bindings page and you’ll see a new section with the 3rd Party Addons. You’re looking for the SmartHome/J variant of the Amazon Echo Control Binding.
Be sure to uninstall the regular one before you install this one!

1 Like

Nice. I was able to install it but can’t sign in to amazon. I got this error

HTTP ERROR 500 java.lang.NullPointerException
URI:	/amazonechocontrol/adef560844/ap/signin
SERVLET:	org.ops4j.pax.web.service.spi.model.ServletModel-47
CAUSED BY:	java.lang.NullPointerException
Caused by:
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.smarthomej.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.smarthome.HandlerColorController.getStateDescription(HandlerColorController.java:169)
	at org.smarthomej.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.handler.SmartHomeDeviceHandler.setDeviceAndUpdateThingState(SmartHomeDeviceHandler.java:146)
	at org.smarthomej.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.handler.AccountHandler.lambda$19(AccountHandler.java:862)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.CopyOnWriteArrayList.forEach(CopyOnWriteArrayList.java:807)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.CopyOnWriteArraySet.forEach(CopyOnWriteArraySet.java:425)
	at org.smarthomej.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.handler.AccountHandler.updateSmartHomeDeviceList(AccountHandler.java:862)
	at org.smarthomej.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.handler.AccountHandler.setConnection(AccountHandler.java:425)
	at org.smarthomej.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.AccountServlet.handleProxyRequest(AccountServlet.java:639)
	at org.smarthomej.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.AccountServlet.doVerb(AccountServlet.java:233)
	at org.smarthomej.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.AccountServlet.doPost(AccountServlet.java:128)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:707)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:790)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:799)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle(ServletHandler.java:550)
	at org.ops4j.pax.web.service.jetty.internal.HttpServiceServletHandler.doHandle(HttpServiceServletHandler.java:71)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:143)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:602)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:127)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.nextHandle(ScopedHandler.java:235)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doHandle(SessionHandler.java:1624)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.nextHandle(ScopedHandler.java:233)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle(ContextHandler.java:1434)
	at org.ops4j.pax.web.service.jetty.internal.HttpServiceContext.doHandle(HttpServiceContext.java:294)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.nextScope(ScopedHandler.java:188)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(ServletHandler.java:501)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doScope(SessionHandler.java:1594)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.nextScope(ScopedHandler.java:186)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope(ContextHandler.java:1349)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:141)
	at org.ops4j.pax.web.service.jetty.internal.JettyServerHandlerCollection.handle(JettyServerHandlerCollection.java:82)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:127)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.handle(Server.java:516)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpChannel.lambda$handle$1(HttpChannel.java:388)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpChannel.dispatch(HttpChannel.java:633)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpChannel.handle(HttpChannel.java:380)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.onFillable(HttpConnection.java:277)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.io.AbstractConnection$ReadCallback.succeeded(AbstractConnection.java:311)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.io.FillInterest.fillable(FillInterest.java:105)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.io.ChannelEndPoint$1.run(ChannelEndPoint.java:104)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.EatWhatYouKill.runTask(EatWhatYouKill.java:338)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.EatWhatYouKill.doProduce(EatWhatYouKill.java:315)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.EatWhatYouKill.tryProduce(EatWhatYouKill.java:173)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.EatWhatYouKill.run(EatWhatYouKill.java:131)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.ReservedThreadExecutor$ReservedThread.run(ReservedThreadExecutor.java:386)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:883)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$Runner.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:1034)
	at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:829)
Powered by Jetty:// 9.4.43.v20210629

Maybe I need Samrthome/J Commons? If so, I can’t get it via openhab third party addons.

It’s automatically installed. That is a very strange error. Can you please restart openHAB and check that you only have one binding installed? On the karaf console: list -s | grep -i amazonechocontrol should only list one bundle.

Thank you! I was not aware this even existed.

I’m curious what @J-N-K improved on these? I do have 3 bindings that bounce offline/online (HUE, Onkyo & HP Printer), wonder if HTTP binding below would fix that?

• Mail
  • HTTP

Best, Jay

No, each binding is responsible on its own for thing status.

3,2,10 is the only one installed. I did a restart and still have the same error. I use OTP on amazon.ca

The thing amazon account shows

CONFIGURATION_PENDING

Wait for login

But all echo devices shows online and are working. eveything looks good in openhab:8080/amazonechocontrol but if I logout and login, this is where the error occurs.

In the console log there is these errors

20:30:57.685 [ERROR] [ntrol.internal.handler.AccountHandler] - check login fails with unexpected error
java.lang.NullPointerException: null
        at org.smarthomej.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.smarthome.HandlerColorController.getStateDescription(HandlerColorController.java:169) ~[?:?]
        at org.smarthomej.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.handler.SmartHomeDeviceHandler.setDeviceAndUpdateThingState(SmartHomeDeviceHandler.java:146) ~[?:?]
        at org.smarthomej.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.handler.AccountHandler.lambda$19(AccountHandler.java:862) ~[?:?]
        at java.util.concurrent.CopyOnWriteArrayList.forEach(CopyOnWriteArrayList.java:807) ~[?:?]
        at java.util.concurrent.CopyOnWriteArraySet.forEach(CopyOnWriteArraySet.java:425) ~[?:?]
        at org.smarthomej.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.handler.AccountHandler.updateSmartHomeDeviceList(AccountHandler.java:862) ~[?:?]
        at org.smarthomej.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.handler.AccountHandler.setConnection(AccountHandler.java:425) ~[?:?]
        at org.smarthomej.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.handler.AccountHandler.checkLogin(AccountHandler.java:393) ~[?:?]
        at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:515) [?:?]
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:305) [?:?]
        at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:305) [?:?]
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128) [?:?]
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628) [?:?]
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:829) [?:?]
20:30:59.805 [ERROR] [ntrol.internal.handler.AccountHandler] - refresh data fails with unexpected error
java.lang.NullPointerException: null
        at org.smarthomej.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.smarthome.HandlerColorController.getStateDescription(HandlerColorController.java:169) ~[?:?]
        at org.smarthomej.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.handler.SmartHomeDeviceHandler.setDeviceAndUpdateThingState(SmartHomeDeviceHandler.java:146) ~[?:?]
        at org.smarthomej.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.handler.AccountHandler.lambda$19(AccountHandler.java:862) ~[?:?]
        at java.util.concurrent.CopyOnWriteArrayList.forEach(CopyOnWriteArrayList.java:807) ~[?:?]
        at java.util.concurrent.CopyOnWriteArraySet.forEach(CopyOnWriteArraySet.java:425) ~[?:?]
        at org.smarthomej.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.handler.AccountHandler.updateSmartHomeDeviceList(AccountHandler.java:862) ~[?:?]
        at org.smarthomej.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.handler.AccountHandler.refreshData(AccountHandler.java:522) ~[?:?]
        at org.smarthomej.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.handler.AccountHandler.checkData(AccountHandler.java:472) ~[?:?]
        at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:515) [?:?]
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:305) [?:?]
        at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:305) [?:?]
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128) [?:?]
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628) [?:?]
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:829) [?:?]

Can you try disabling the SmartHome device(s) that use a color channel?

Did you mean Smarthome items coming from Alexa or items from openhab? Because I do not have any devices linked with Alexa.

Can you double check that there is no thing of type smartHomeDevice? This code should never execute if no smarthomedevice is added. I‘ll check the code for a bug, though.

No there is not. I never used this feature.

I’m sorry, but this is next to impossible. The only way this code can be called is when a SmartHomeDeviceHandler has been added to the bridge. This only happens when a thing of type smartHomeDevice or smartHomeDeviceGroup is initialized. I did check in the code and with both my production and my development instance that this is the case, so there MUST be a device of that type somewhere.

If you go to the REST API explorer, select “things”, then “GET /things”, “Try it out”, “Execute” and search the result, is there any trace of a smartHomeDevice?

I did the REST API explorer trick and you were right. I had this thing called something like glassbreak feature and some other things with, as you said, color properties. I deleted all. I logged out of amazoneechcontrol and logged in again without error. I also did notice these smarthomedevices were under another account id. They shouldn’t had been there.

Thanks for your help.