Amazon Echo not working after 4.0.0 M3 update

No idea if it’s just me, but my Alexa devices are still processing requests, but every time it generates a similar error on my OH server. When I ask my Alexa to change an item, I get this type of error. I’ve tried reformatting my item details to have the meta info.

2023-06-02 22:37:22.479 [ERROR] [io.socket.thread.EventThread        ] - Task threw exception
java.lang.ClassCastException: class org.json.JSONObject cannot be cast to class org.json.JSONObject (org.json.JSONObject is in unnamed module of loader org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.EquinoxClassLoader @4bc91071; org.json.JSONObject is in unnamed module of loader org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.EquinoxClassLoader @445fac31)
	at$15( ~[?:?]
	at io.socket.emitter.Emitter.emit( ~[?:?]
	at io.socket.client.Socket.onevent( ~[?:?]
	at io.socket.client.Socket.onpacket( ~[?:?]
	at io.socket.client.Socket.access$100( ~[?:?]
	at io.socket.client.Socket$2$ ~[?:?]
	at io.socket.emitter.Emitter.emit( ~[?:?]
	at io.socket.client.Manager.ondecoded( ~[?:?]
	at io.socket.client.Manager.access$1600( ~[?:?]
	at io.socket.client.Manager$ ~[?:?]
	at io.socket.parser.IOParser$Decoder.add( ~[?:?]
	at io.socket.client.Manager.ondata( ~[?:?]
	at io.socket.client.Manager.access$1000( ~[?:?]
	at io.socket.client.Manager$ ~[?:?]
	at io.socket.emitter.Emitter.emit( ~[?:?]
	at io.socket.engineio.client.Socket.onPacket( ~[?:?]
	at io.socket.engineio.client.Socket.access$1000( ~[?:?]
	at io.socket.engineio.client.Socket$ ~[?:?]
	at io.socket.emitter.Emitter.emit( ~[?:?]
	at io.socket.engineio.client.Transport.onPacket( ~[?:?]
	at io.socket.engineio.client.Transport.onData( ~[?:?]
	at io.socket.engineio.client.transports.WebSocket.access$100( ~[?:?]
	at io.socket.engineio.client.transports.WebSocket$1$ ~[?:?]
	at io.socket.thread.EventThread$ ~[?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker( ~[?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$ ~[?:?]
	at ~[?:?]

openhab@openHABianDevice:~ $ java --version
openjdk 17.0.7 2023-04-18 LTS
OpenJDK Runtime Environment Zulu17.42+19-CA (build 17.0.7+7-LTS)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM Zulu17.42+19-CA (build 17.0.7+7-LTS, mixed mode, sharing)
openhab@openHABianDevice:~ $

Nothing else changed outside of apt upgrades. Commented out group first, and my new one with the meta info. Any help or debug type commands would be appreciated. 3.x → 4.0.0 has been perfect until this.

//Group:Switch:AND(ON, OFF) gEveningLights “Evening Lights” (Home) [ “Switchable” ] {autoupdate=“true”}
Group:Switch:AND(ON, OFF) gEveningLights “Evening Lights” (Home) {alexa=“Switch”, autoupdate=“true”}

Just me? the TTS is working fine.

Just did some testing and this time it was the Ambient Weather binding. Removing that binding fixes it, but I’m using that with my weathe rstation. Perhaps I have to update some values with the new Meta data info. Either way, the Alexa commands are working for me again.

Check the milestone discussion thread to see if it’s been discussed, and post if it hasn’t.

It’s a long thread, but it keeps the milestone discussions contained and ensures that developers see issues as they arise.

Thanks I will. It seem just having the binding installed causes this. I deleted my bridge, things & items as a test and it fails in the same way when it’s installed and works fine when it’s removed.