Amazon Echo SmartJ Binding Last Voice Command not working anymore

Just do this:
update org.smarthomej.binding.amazonechocontrol https://download.smarthomej.org/org.smarthomej.binding.amazonechocontrol-4.1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

@J-N-K Do you know, when you will find time to release the new version?

2 Likes

this has worked! thank you!

2 Likes

For OH4 I have already released 4.0.2 which contains all the fixes. For 4.1 the fixes are included in the latest snapshot, but I can’t do a release before the OH 4.1 release. Artifacts on Maven Central can’t depend on non-release artifacts.

When I download the snapshot over https://download.smarthomej.org/addons-beta.json which leads to https://download.smarthomej.org/org.smarthomej.binding.amazonechocontrol-4.1.0-SNAPSHOT.kar, I get the version is from the 12th of November. That version has the bug with LastVoiceCommand. The update (https://download.smarthomej.org/org.smarthomej.binding.amazonechocontrol-4.1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar) from the 27th November is working very well.
So I think, it would be great, if you provide the actual version as a snapshot via https://download.smarthomej.org/addons-beta.json
Of course a “real” release for 4.1 can not be present before 4.1 is released. I like working snapshots much more, than not working release builds. :wink:

Will the 4.1 version include the filtering that only the device that was actually spoken to will be updated?

(Maybe a stupid question but when is the release of 4.1?)

1 Like

The openHAB version? No. The SmartHome/J version? Yes. Please don’t use the addons-beta.json. Use addons.json for release-versions (3.2 / 4.0 at the moment) and addons-snapshot.json for the latest openHAB-version that is not release (4.1 at the moment). Once openHAB 4.1 is release, I’ll also release version 4.1 and you can switch to addons.json.

2 Likes

Hi @J-N-K thank you for the response, this means I can update to the latest version at addons-snapshot.json and it will be the version where only the spoken to device updates? Or did I missunderstood it just now?

1 Like

Exactly

1 Like

I am currently on 4.0.2 and used this command to update:

update org.smarthomej.binding.amazonechocontrol https://download.smarthomej.org/org.smarthomej.binding.amazonechocontrol-4.1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

Now I got the following error:

2023-12-15 17:28:25.344 [ERROR] [Events.Framework                    ] - FrameworkEvent ERROR
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.smarthomej.binding.amazonechocontrol [300]
  Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.smarthomej.commons; version="[4.1.0,4.2.0)"
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:463) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer.update(ModuleContainer.java:419) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.storage.Storage.update(Storage.java:969) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.storage.Storage.update(Storage.java:935) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.update(EquinoxBundle.java:490) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]
	at org.apache.karaf.bundle.command.Update.update(Update.java:74) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.karaf.bundle.command.Update.doExecute(Update.java:51) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.karaf.bundle.command.BundleCommand.execute(BundleCommand.java:49) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.karaf.shell.impl.action.command.ActionCommand.execute(ActionCommand.java:84) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.karaf.shell.impl.console.osgi.secured.SecuredCommand.execute(SecuredCommand.java:68) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.karaf.shell.impl.console.osgi.secured.SecuredCommand.execute(SecuredCommand.java:86) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime.Closure.executeCmd(Closure.java:599) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime.Closure.executeStatement(Closure.java:526) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime.Closure.execute(Closure.java:415) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime.Pipe.doCall(Pipe.java:416) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime.Pipe.call(Pipe.java:229) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime.Pipe.call(Pipe.java:59) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1136) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:635) ~[?:?]
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:833) ~[?:?]

Do I need to update my OpenHab before I can use this version I updated too?

Don’t use karaf commands if you don’t know what you do. Uninstall the binding from UI (that should work) and then re-install from UI. You tried adding a 4.1 version of the binding to a 4.0 openHAB release. That’ll not work. There is a 4.0.2 version of the binding which is the same as the 4.1.0-SNAPSHOT, just for openHAB 4.0.x.

2 Likes

Just to confirm, I’m running OH 4.0.4 and I can run 4.1.0-SNAPSHOT of your binding?

Best, Jay

No, run version 4.0.2 of the binding (from the 3rd Party store). Always install addons.json (and only that) for releases of openHAB. Disable “show incompatible addons”. Install what you see in the addon store.

It’s same code, just compiled for 4.0.x instead of 4.1.x.

1 Like

That is the important sentence! I used the beta and so I always were not on the lastest version. The first small look with my test system is good. I’ll test it in my productive environment in the next days.
Thanks for the hint. :+1:

1 Like

Short status:

• The last version in my 4.1M5 productive environment runs like clockwork. :grinning:
  • 4.1RC1 in test environment also looks very good.

Many thanks for that.

1 Like

Is the fix in the RC1 or do I need to download one of the JARs above?

@J-N-K

Hey Jan,

I’m 100% sure that this type → Echo Plus 4.Gen ← (the bigger size one that has zWave and Matter built in) does NOT work with the lastVoiceCommand consistently.

Here’s the unit I’m talking about

Living Room Echo ONLINE [Echo Living Room] Echo Plus 4.Gen

What can I provide you to prove there is an issue with lastVoiceCommand with Echo Plus 4.Gen unit types.

Best, Jay

Please all use addons.json only. I have merged all versions to one file. And please also disable “show incompatible addons” in the addon management section. You’ll get a wrong version otherwise.

2 Likes

I have the same question and kind of lost track of the details of this thread. Is there a possibility to achieve the same near-real-time results on the lastvoicecommand-item again?

The latest SmartHome/J is the best you can get ATM.

1 Like