Android App Beta

The beta version 2.7.9 has improved handling with VPNs.

Hi,
does anybody know, how to use the app without the micro button?

Thanks
Henry

Hey Henry,
what do you mean? If you don’t want to use the voice recognition, you don’t have to use it.

Hi,
OK, thats a solution :slightly_smiling_face:
But is it possible to fade out the sign in the options meue in next versions?

Thanks
Henry

No, that won’t happen. Why do you want to hide it?

I just released version 2.8.0. It may take a few days to a week until it’s available for everyone in the Play Store.

• Add Tasker/Locale action plugin
• Add ability to create sitemap shortcuts
• Fix issues with visibility flag
• Stability and performance improvements

3 Likes

Thanks for the new beta, really like the shortcut feature!

Btw.: Is there already a concept how to use the app with multiple openHAB instances at different locations/different ip networks? Is it sufficient to just leave the local setting empty to let the app automatically detect the local instance?

Could we then have shortcuts pointing to pages in sitemaps of the different openHAB instances?

Multiple servers aren’t supported (https://github.com/openhab/openhab-android/issues/10). You can use some workarounds, like setting all server to the same local IP or using the stable version for one server and beta for another one.

Thanks for clarifying :+1:

Don’t know, what options exists with the desktop shortcuts on Android. But could it be possible “storing” the current openHAB instance along with the link to the shortcut sitemap page?

If this is feasable, it would allow us to

• Set first openHAB instance

• Select subpage and create shortcut

• Set second openHAB instance

• Select subpage and create shortcut

• … and so on

Seems to me, that later or sooner others would come across this need too :wink:

1 Like

I need this!
Monitoring 3 sites.

No, that’s not possible. Shortcuts only contain the sitemap id, not the server url.

O.k. understand.
It’s a pity. Probably, somebody comes up with a feasable proposal.

Nevertheless, thanks a lot for all your contribution! :clap:

Version 2.8.11-beta includes updates for Android Q.
Does anyone with Android Q Beta have issues?

Version 2.8.14-beta has widgets for item updates:

4 Likes

This is a welcome development. Great work!

I just tried creating a toggle widget for a light dimmer. I had thought it would allow tapping the widget to toggle the dimmer on and off but nothing happens. Shouldn’t it work for a dimmer?

The widget sends the state that you’ve picked. If you want to toggle a slider, select the state “Toggle”.

Ah, now i understand… Thats a widget for my android homescreen… Great idea!

I have an idea for an improvement of this new widget: PIN Code!

So i can place a widget for maybe “open frontdoor” onto my homescreen and the risk of accidential press of the widget is minimized.

I did select the state toggle. The options were: on, off, toggle, increase, decrease, etc. I selected toggle. The widget is then created and when I tap on it I see a message popup toward the bottom of the screen that says, “Dimmer set to Toggle” but the dimmer light doesn’t turn on or off.

I’m using the official Android 10 (out of beta) and have not had a problem with 2.8.15.

1 Like

Can you execute the following command and post the output here?

curl -X POST --header "Content-Type: text/plain" --header "Accept: application/json" -d "TOGGLE" "http://ip_openHAB_host:8080/rest/items/My_Item"