Android App Beta

Is there any way to open a (or the default) MainUI page from Tasker?

I can’t figure out how to do this. I’m using a shortcut on my homescreen that works fine. But i cant use that in a command send by my voice assistant or a physical button implemented in my OH.

I want to open a specific OH page in my dashboard-Tablet and Smartphone when i press a button or ask a specific question.

Can Tasker send an Android Intent? If so it could send an Intent to MainActivity with action org.openhab.habdroid.action.OH3_UI_SELECTED. This should launch the app and open the openHAB 3 UI.

Yes! I thought about an Android Intent and tasker can send intents.
But can’t figure out how to configure the intent:

Do i need to specify the sent page name somewhere?
I’m using your Beta-Version. Does that change the Intent in some way?

I also tried to use the “Launch App” function where i can select the “MainActivity” and can set some “Data”

I’ll add a Tasker plugin for easier configuration for this. That will provide a better user experience.

2 Likes

That would of course be great! I’m looking forward to it and if you need someone to help/test it, you’re welcome to contact me!

Thx!

Has the option to select a default sitemap been removed? I see the option to select if all sitemaps should be shown in the side menu, but I cannot find where to set the default sitemap.

Since the default sitemap is a per-server setting, it’s under the settings of your server (it’s after "Demo mode).

1 Like

With 2.16.15-beta it’s possible to set a start page, so I won’t merge the Tasker plugin for now. @nYce Do you still need that plugin?

1 Like

I already love your implementation of the start page type, so i can use it to always open the MainUI instead of an empty sitemap! Thanks for that!

Do you plan to add the functionality to add a specific start page in the server settings so everyone in one household could have a specific entry point?

Tasker functionality would be nice for opening specific MainUI/Habpanel/Sitemap Pages directly.
this way we could automate opening of a specific page:
e.g. opening an door-spycam-page at ringing of the doorbell; opening a specific statistics/answer-page on asking the voice assistant (rhasspy) something and so on…

I don’t think this should be configured at the server side.
You can create shortcuts to any sitemap page and maybe HABPanel and OH3 UI (No creation of Homewidget for OH3 possible anymore with newest Beta · Issue #2506 · openhab/openhab-android · GitHub) soon.

This is way more complex than what I implemented in that PR. I don’t think there’s an API, so the app knows which MainUI/HABPanel pages exist.

I thought about putting in on the server settings, because if you got more servers you could switch to a specific page when switching servers (if you got more).
I don’t need that functionality since i use just one server, but had 2 different servers when switching from OH2.5 → OH3.

But how can you create a shortcut to a specific site without knowing the pages?
Could that not be the same method for an action in tasker?

When creating a shortcut for HABPanel or Main UI the app just creates a shortcut for the current URL. The app doesn’t really know if it’s a subpage and if so which one.

You could select the oh3 UI as default. If it’s not present, the app falls back to the sitemaps.

i don’t understand,

how is this url working? i think i could just open the url to a specific site in a tasker action, so so the OH app tries to open it?

With the “Launch app” action is Tasker you have to set “Action” to the appropriate action, e.g. org.openhab.habdroid.action.OH3_UI_SELECTED. Than you can set an extra to key subpage and value /#!/about/.
This should open the about page of the main UI .

Using the “Launch app”-Action in Tasker just gives me following options:

Here i can select an app with options or write down the package name myself:

My package name for the MainActivity is : org.openhab.habdroid.beta
Trying org.openhab.habdroid.action.OH3_UI_SELECTED gives me this error:

i can just specifiy a data-value, but no extra fields with key/value: Probably some syntax i don’t know could work here?

In the Intent Action i can specify extras but also don’t know the syntax to key/value pairs and can’t even start the app without any page:

I’m sorry for being silly and taking your time in this issue… :confused:

LG Jay

You have to select MainActivity, that’s right. I don’t use Tasker on my own, so I cannot really help you with this.

When using OH3 Standard Image Widgets the Image is shown with a “broken” Icon in the App.
On a Browser it Worms.
Is that a known issue?
Cheers

Can you post the definition of this widget?

hey there, i really appreciate the tasker integration into habdroid. but it seems that profile triggers do not work on my side.
is there already a known issue on this topic or do i have to mind something particular in my setup to make it work? i tested both app versions.
when i activate a profile trigger my system does not behave as expected. so maybe this issue is not app related. but maybe you can give a hint where to start debugging.

Can you explain what you mean with “profile trigger”? Is this something that is part of Tasker?