Android App on wallmounted FireHD tablet

Hi,

I‘m using the openHAB Android App. The app is running in kiosk mode through the app FULLY SINGLE APP KIOSK. Unfortunately in this combination is always the default view loading and not the openHAB 3 ui.

Is it possible to modify the openHAB url and start directly with the UI3 interface?

What is the “default view” in your case?

Within the android app you can configure what view should be shown first (e.g. sitemap or main ui)

The default view is called Sitemaps. Switching to main ui is working until next refresh or reboot.
My idea is to change the start URL and start directly to the main UI, if this is possible.

The default view can be selected in the app preferences. The default is ‘Sitemaps’, but ‘openHAB 3 UI’ (= main UI) is also available there.

Ok, but is it possible to modify the openHAB url and start directly with the openHAB UI3 interface?

That’s what @maniac103 and myself have already told you.

You need to navigate to the settings of the app and change the default start page to oh3 ui

This seting will survive a restart. If it’s not surviving a restart than it’s maybe because your android is deleting app data for some reason

On my Tablet the openHAB App is running in kiosk mode through the app FULLY SINGLE APP KIOSK.
Running the openHAB without the app FULLY SINGLE APP KIOSK works as configured with openhab3 UI.

To fix this problem with the kiosk app I want to change the URL in the settings to launch the openhab3 UI directly.
So, is this possible or not?

So your issue is not with openhab but with your kiosk app.
You can also try to open openhab ui through any browser and don’t need the app at all, maybe that’s a workaround for you.

Otherwise please reach out to the kiosk app support…

I’d suggest using Fully Kiosk Browser instead. It’s designed for exactly what you’re trying to do: display a webpage.

If you want to send tablet data to your server, you can instead use HabPanelViewer. Contrary to its name, it can display any webpage you want.