Another Home-Assistant compare

Isn’t that part of the problem? No communication about the future and a clear plan to make openhab better. I know we don’t have delevopers that are controllable, but maybe some of us will join the development if we know a clear strategy and idea of what could improve openhab in general…

I think openHAB should move more in direction A, developer 1 thinks it should move more into direction B.
How do we agree on what’s best for openHAB? Both our points are valid and are a direct result of how we use openHAB.
And it gets even more difficult if we talk about the fundamentals:
These are almost always a tremendous amount of work and it’s not always immediately clear if the result is worth the effort.

We have a new category for this now, it hopefully will enhance user - developer communication.
I moved this thread there.
Please note the category description.

My interpretation of Kai’s description is that this discussion does not belong in this new features category:

I can’t say that I have a better suggestion other than the basic Development category, but I do not see this thread as announcing any new user features specifically.

Well Kai created the category upon my request.
You’re sorta right and sorta not. Moving the thread that resulted in creation was meant to be a starter.

Fair enough.

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.