• Platform information:
    • Hardware: RPI3
    • Java Runtime Environment: Zulu
    • openHAB version: 2.4 w/ 2.5 SNAPSHOT Binding
  • Issue of the topic: please be detailed explaining your issue

I have OpenHabian 2.4 with the 2.5 SNAPSHOT ZWave binding installed:

openhab> list -s | grep zwave
216 │ Active   │  80 │ 2.5.0.201905250657     │ org.openhab.binding.zwave

Trying to get my Aotec NanoMote Quad recongized.

When I include it in the network, all seems to go well with the binding process, and the OEM/ID comes through clean: 0371:0102:0003:1.2)

When I check the online device database, that device is in the database however, the logs show it can’t be resolved:

2019-05-25 10:02:20.881 [WARN ] [wave.discovery.ZWaveDiscoveryService] - NODE 13: Device discovery could not resolve to a thingType! 0371:0102:0003::1.2

Any thoughts?

You might want to tag the post with the zwave tag. A number of people are set up to track that tag, and tagging it might get a quicker response.

Not really. From the info you provided above, it looks like the device should be discovered correctly.

Could you try putting the binding in debug mode so that we can see what’s happening.

Do these steps, then post the debug log.

• Exclude device from network
  • Factory reset device
  • Include device in network

Thanks - I’ve added the tags and I’ll give a shot with debug logs later today.

I was able to get some time @mhilbush and @chris to grab the debug logs for this device during inclusion and discovery. I did not need to exclude the device prior as I had reset the controller and then factory reset the device.

Line 415 seems to show it clearly

2019-05-28 20:02:21.468 [WARN ] [wave.discovery.ZWaveDiscoveryService] - NODE 16: Device discovery could not resolve to a thingType! 0371:0102:0003::1.2

Any thoughts?

I’m realizing in my debug logs I didn’t actuall yhave the 2.5 snapshot addon installed. I updated to that, but after a few minutes I get errors about a queue being full:

22:07:10.335 [ERROR] [ZWaveSerialHandler$ZWaveReceiveThread] - Exception during ZWave thread.
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Queue full
	at java.util.AbstractQueue.add(AbstractQueue.java:98) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ArrayBlockingQueue.add(ArrayBlockingQueue.java:312) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.protocol.ZWaveTransactionManager.processReceiveMessage(ZWaveTransactionManager.java:404) ~[221:org.openhab.binding.zwave:2.5.0.201905250657]
	at org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.protocol.ZWaveController.incomingPacket(ZWaveController.java:1064) ~[221:org.openhab.binding.zwave:2.5.0.201905250657]
	at org.openhab.binding.zwave.handler.ZWaveControllerHandler.incomingMessage(ZWaveControllerHandler.java:643) ~[221:org.openhab.binding.zwave:2.5.0.201905250657]
	at org.openhab.binding.zwave.handler.ZWaveSerialHandler$ZWaveReceiveThread.run(ZWaveSerialHandler.java:323) [221:org.openhab.binding.zwave:2.5.0.201905250657]

I think I’ll just wait on using the button until 2.5 is baked.

Please provide a debug log showing this error and I will take a look.

@chris here’s the log from start of openhab to the queue failure.

Hi Criss, I wanted to ask you for advice on the products to buy to make the following function.
I have to adjust the dimming of a kitchen with a z-wave luxometer. As a dimmer I have a Bticino legrand 1-10v art F413N system that already works in Openhab. Depending on the lux I have to dim the light according to my taste.
I thank you in advance.

Hi, did you ever find a fix for this? I’m having the same issue and from what I can tell the device is in the database and it matches my XML file, but I’m new to this so I could be missing something. I’ve tried waking up the device and I see in the logs that it is reporting battery level so it is communicating somewhat.

No, I gave up.

Oh no, ok. Thanks for the response.