App crashes on start since yesterdays update - iOS 15.2.1

I was able to prevent the crashes by removing the “pantry” icon from the sitemap. Since then everything runs stable.
The icon is available in the directory and has been included for a long time. Why it causes the crashes in the current version I can not understand.

1 Like

yes in fact that helped. i switched to a different icon instead of pantry and no it is working

Yes, same for me. This pantry icon was also the root cause for my problems. I’ve deleted it and now the application is running stable.

Hi, I have the same error on my iphone with iOS 15.3 and my updated ipad. With an Android phone it still works well.

i removed all icons from my site map - no change. issue persists.
Id say there is issues with the App release - 2.4.39

would be good if the app developer responded here or even acknowledged the issue

May be related to this:

No, as it is working with BasiUI sitemaps as it should. No crash over here.

Same here. App crashes since a couple of days - but only, if I scroll down to a certain position (children’s room). This is the same on two different sitemaps with similar entries. On a smaller sitemap I don’t have issues.

Pantry SVG is buggy (can‘t be processed by SVGKit) It was corrected a year ago on server side

Surely the app shouldn’t crash due to that, but gracefully fall back to ‘no icon’ in such a case though?

I would love to have a proper graceful handling of SVG icons.

Unfortunately, on iOS there is no public access to the internal SVG parser. For the iOS openHAB app we therefore make use of SVGKit. We contributed to handle some bugs there, but pantry.svg was found to be non-compliant with the SVG standard: https://github.com/SVGKit/SVGKit/issues/708.

any help either on the graceful handling in SVGKit or on a safer integration into a Swift would be more than welcome.

yup, that was it …

The developers are aware of this issue and they already released version 2.4.41 of the iOS client on TestFlight. I tested that and the issue is solved. If you want to try it before the official release, install TestFlight from the App Store, then go here to get the latest beta version.

Thanks for the fast response. It is working again.

My app is still crashing using the TestFlight app :frowning: Did submit a crash log.

Checked your crashlog @joep. It’s the SVG issue mentioned above. So you probably have the pantry icon in your sitemap (or another corrupted SVG icon).

Hi,

I couldn’t find those SVG icons anywhere in my installation. Today I updated to the latest TestFlight version (also tried the previous TF version) which solved the crashes! Thanks!

My daughter has an iPhone and uses OpenHAB app 2.4.41 but that version still crashes when she goes into the level of her bedroom.
I removed the app and reinstalled, but that didn’t help.
On Android that level is working fine.
Is this still a known issue, or should I make report somehow? I don’t know how to get debug info from iOS

Please try the beta release on test flight

Unfortunately I still get the same crash even after updating to latest release 2.4.43. Same behavior in TestFlight.