Apt upgrade or brand new install?


(Gordon Geist) #1

Trying to plan my next “apt-upgrade”:

have 2.0.0.201612212344 openhab core. openhab2-offline

If I understand correctly I have to update the repository:

export all of my things/items:

backup all of my manually entered sitemaps etc:

then apt-upgrade and pray nothing breaks then “import” the elements backed up above?

Does this not sound like a brand new install and manual configuration as it looks to me like pretty much everything that is user configured is impacted.


( ) #2

Hey, if you are indeed on “20161221” most of these things are not needed. You should simply be able to upgrade after switching the repository.
However: One more change to the repository is in the pipeline. You can just as well wait for 1-2 more days. There will be yet another announcement. You could also just wait till the end of January to upgrade straight to openHAB 2.0 final release. :wink:


(Gordon Geist) #3

Awesome advice - I’ll spend the time on finishing my bedside ESP8266/MQTT/DHT22/OLED alarm clock/openhab interface.